glassbeads.ws
    soapmaking.ws
    kidsclothes.us
    wholesalehandbags.info
    childrensbedding.info
    bedinabag.info

What are they worth?

cera.

p.s. - Feel free to make an offer on any of these names.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; April 1st, 2005 at 01:48 PM. Reason: removed manually added sig

$10-$20
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

my2cents: Thanks for the feedback (disappointing as it is).

I guess I should have mentioned that all these domains are indexed by Google , Yahoo, AltaVista, HotBot, Teoma and MSN. All receive some S.E. traffic ( bedinabag.info - 46 uniques so far this month). They are all undeveloped but are generating income from adsense/revenuepilot.

Any other opinions of value?

Might want to try places like domainstate.com or dnforum.com for a better idea

if you have some traffic coming to them.. then you might get $25-$50... if you find someone who really need/wants the domain...

I have so many domains and websites.... it's rare I'll pay more then $20 for a domain I see forsale unless I have a pending project that makes it the perfect name...

I find that most domains value is derived from the domains ablity to naturaly create traffic via typeins.. and what if and income history is has... for all other variables the value is all perception on the part of the buyer...

Just remember dot com domains have the best value...

I would also try domainstate and dnsforum... for some input..

thereis no hard and fast rules... it really comes down to what someone is willing to pay...

I have had domains that I couldnt recupe my registration cost... when i tried to sell them.. only to let them go... and later in out some paid $1000 or more for this same domain a little while later... go figure..

of coarse my best stubbed toe story is about me not selling my two main domains for 7 figures during the dot com frenzy...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    I find that most domains value is derived from the domains ablity to naturaly create traffic via typeins.. and what if and income history is has... for all other variables the value is all perception on the part of the buyer...
    I would suggest that except in cases of single word .com's (which are all taken & if for sale are ridiculously priced ) typeins are insignificant.

Keyword/keyword phrase based domains that help in seo are the better investment.

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    Just remember dot com domains have the best value...
    Most valuable - yes - best value though?
    I think that $50-$100.00 for a domain like KidsClothes.us is a better value than the $x,xxx or higher price that kidsclothes.com would cost. The 3 or 4 typeins per day for the .com just doesn't make it a better value.

The domain landscape is changing quickly and I think that the .com obsession is fading.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; April 1st, 2005 at 01:49 PM. Reason: removed manually added sig

I would suggest that except in cases of single word .com's (which are all taken & if for sale are ridiculously priced ) typeins are insignificant.
    I may be wrong but, I don't think that all .com names are taken yet.

It may take a while to search for a good .com name that still available but, they're not all gone yet. (I think!)

Sal.

I think he's implying that all (good) single word .com names are taken, which may be the case. This certainly isn't the case with two word names. Last year, I picked up a two word, six letter domain name ("to" and a short verb--I also got "2" and the verb and the dashed versions of both). None of these domain names had ever been registered. They were perfect for a niche I plan on developing.

For shorter names, especially, or for domains that can be promoted offline, .com is the only way to go. Sure, you might just have 3 or 4 type-ins a day for a low traffic domain, but if you're able to brand that domain and/or promote it offline, you can have thousands. How many people bookmark Yahoo, Google, Ebay, or CJ? I normally just type them in.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I agree that .com is the only way to go. I would never based a website on a domain where I don't own the .com version. I figure if I'm going to go to all the trouble to develop a brand around that name, I should have the most likely domain anybody would type knowing my brand. Not all .com domains are taken and a lot of clever names are still available. Afterall if there wasn't a Google.com or eBay.com, I doubt they'd be registered yet. Just make up something smart.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    if you're able to brand that domain and/or promote it offline, you can have thousands. How many people bookmark Yahoo, Google, Ebay, or CJ? I normally just type them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    I figure if I'm going to go to all the trouble to develop a brand around that name, I should have the most likely domain anybody would type knowing my brand.
    Well I guess if I had the big bucks that it takes to "Brand" a name or for those of you that do, then .com would be IT.
    But, I, like the vast majority of small business types will continue to count on search engines, links from other sites and maybe an adwords campaign? for our visitors.

It is significantly easier to obtain a prominent serp position with a keyword/keyphrase based domain name. A keyword based domain name makes it clear what the site is about. A short keyword based domain name can be very brandable as well.

Don't get me wrong folks - a .com that is search engine friendly and relatively short would be my first choice, but they are hard to find these days.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; April 1st, 2005 at 01:47 PM. Reason: removed manually added sig

glassbeads.ws
    soapmaking.ws
    Under $20 - .ws would have to be the TLD with the most attempts to make a buck from buying/selling domain names, and the least number of actual, good sites using it.

kidsclothes.us
    $50

wholesalehandbags.info
    childrensbedding.info
    bedinabag.info
    $50

Your best bet would be to look for a suitable affiliate program for each, make the best site you can with the least effort (use templates, data feeds, free software) and sell it as a fully-functioning site.

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    glassbeads.ws
    soapmaking.ws
    Under $20 - .ws would have to be the TLD with the most attempts to make a buck from buying/selling domain names, and the least number of actual, good sites using it.
    I agree that .ws has a way to go, but I think it has a rosy future.
    Search engines don't care much what the extension is.

Quote Originally Posted by enginez
    Your best bet would be to look for a suitable affiliate program for each, make the best site you can with the least effort (use templates, data feeds, free software) and sell it as a fully-functioning site.
    I agree, but with over 50 domain names that could take a while

I've been hearing this catchphrase all the time on cnn, etc. and decided to check and see if I could register it. TheRacefor08.com Could make for a great political blog or for some Hilary or McCain fans. Any guesses? The closer we get to the elections, the more and more we'll hear that term.

Here's another that I just picked up after typing in the wrong address.
    goodpayingkeywords.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread