ABW Ambassador
    Dropping Temporarily Offline Merchants
    How do we drop merchants that go Temporarily Offline. I can see under
    'Merchant Status Report' merchants that go offline, but I do not see
    anywhere to drop these merchants, when they go offline they no longer
    show in the Activity Summary Center. Is there somewhere to drop these
    merchants that I am not seeing in my account.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    waybar,

there is a filter to show offline merchants in your summary center. you can then hit the "Quit" link for any merchant you wish to drop.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Brian,

Where do I go in my account to do this. I can see under 'Activity Summary Center'
    a filter to show all merchants or to show online only merchants. I can't find a filter
    anywhere to show offline merchants and where to quit them. I must be overlooking
    this, but could you explain where I need to go in my account to do this.
    Thank you.

Wayne

There isn't a filter to show offline merchants only - but if you view all they should be included as long as they aren't excluded by your filter.

1. Login to your affiliate account.
    2. Click "Activity Summary Center"
    3. Choose the radio button for "Show all Merchants"
    4. Increase the merchant count to show (from the default of 40) if you have more than 40 relationships in your account.
    5. Click the "Refresh Report"
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    I'm only signed up with 38 merchants, but if I go to the Merchant Status Report,
    it shows 11 merchants that are temporarily offline. When I go to my Activity
    Summary Center, none of these 11 merchants show. I would like to be able to
    drop them so they no longer show on the Merchant Status Report. Some of these
    I signed up with a long time ago, and they have been offline for a long time, just
    want to get them off of my Merchant Status Report, but can't see anywhere in my
    account where I can quit them. They don't show up on my Activity Summary
    Center anywhere.

ABW Ambassador
    All that shows on my Activity Summary Center are the 27 merchants I am signed up
    with that are active, none of the other 11 that are offline show up.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    There really needs to be something done to encourage merchants never to go offline.

It is very easy to setup, even as little as $50.00 will trigger it to $100.00 and then when merchant reaches $50.00 they go back up to $100.00 again.

But, the goal is not to have just $100.00, but to have double of what you are paying in commissions each month, which hopefully is thousands.

Brian, what can be done to educate merchants more to this feature. I think somewhere on the home page and on the learn more page adding this info.

You have this page https://shareasale.com/premier which talks about "must keep a balance over $200 at all times - and participate in the "auto-deposit program" ... i.e., no going "Temporarily Offline" due to lack of funding"

I think it would be great if this can be also mentioned on this page: http://www.shareasale.com/learnmore.cfm with the cell that says "Minimum Deposit Amount" saying $250 instead $50.00 with $200.00 being setup on "Auto-deposit Program" this prevents you from going "Temporarily Offline" due to lack of funding and loosing sales.

I think merchants will appreciated knowing this in advance. I do not think it will prevent any new merchants from signing up, but will help all. They already know the prices out there, so this is minimal startup.

ABW Ambassador
    What Jrami said. I like the network but these temp offline merchants are a drag on the network and make the network look bad, makes affiliates mad if they have links up to these merchants. Maybe require them to be on Auto Deposit or give them a boot if they go temp offline too many times. If they're not serious about running an affiliate program send them off to Clickxchange or Clixgalore. If you read the WMW forum i'm always pushing merchants over here Just gotta do something about the dead weight.

ABW Ambassador
    I just want to have a way to drop them if they go offline, but can't seem to find
    a way to do it in my account. Once they go offline, they stop showing in the
    Activity Summary Center, at least on my account they do anyway, and then there
    is no way to drop them.

Internet Cowboy
    This topic is a dead horse. SAS apparently does not care that this is a problem and as far as the merchant is concerned, affiliate marketing is like PPC, you can turn it on and off when you want.
    The small setup fees and small minimum deposits that SAS has attract merchants, some of them good. Unfortunately, these merchants don't have much invested so if it goes offline the thinking is, "Well, I will fund it next week or next month and do some more advertising with SAS." They have nothing to lose by going offline.
    SAS is very publisher-friendly except in this manner.

I for one have quit adding new SAS merchants for this reason. I maintain the ones I have, but my growth is pointed elsewhere until this nonsense comes to a stop.

It is annoying. I have one merchant in particular that converts like clockwork for me - I notice right away when they are offline. Twice now I have had to email them to tell them they are offline. There is something definitely wrong with the system if they don't even know they are offline.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

ABW Ambassador
    From managing other SAS accounts I can tell you that the merchant is NOTIFIED when funds drop to ZERO. I've put money in accounts myself. Auto-deposit is the only way to go but some merchants just don't GET IT.

From what I can see sales do keep tracking BUT I'm not 100% on that.

ABW Ambassador
    That's all fine and dandy, but I would still like to know how to quit merchants that
    have gone offline, because I cannot find anyway to do this. Once they go offline,
    they are not listed in the Activity Summary Center anymore, at least in my account,
    so there is no way to quit them and remove them from the Merchant Status Report.

waybar,

not sure why you are having trouble...but if you can send your username or userID to us via email I will take a look at it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    Brian,

I've sent you an email. I appreciate the help.

Wayne

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    If they're not serious about running an affiliate program send them off
    I agree with Trust, I think they will take it more serious if $250.00 deposit is required, with the $200.00 going to Auto Replenish.

some merchants just don't GET IT.
    That's true Adam, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink it"

scohaz, I think SAS does care. Maybe someone needs to create a VOTE to see if the Auto Deposit Required upfront would be favored, and maybe helps SAS decide wether to implement this soon.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Waybar is correct....

If I go to my Merchant Status Report, there are 7 of my merchants showing as offline.

If I go to the Activity Summary Center, toggle All My Merchants, increase the number of Merchants to Display to more than the number of merchants I am signed up with and hit refresh, none of the 7 Offline merchants show up.

But...

I know I have hit the QUIT button on each of these merchants already in the past, so the problem is that they are still showing up in my Merchant Status Report when I have already terminated my partnership with them.

So, there is something wrong...
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Offline Merchants
    Thats right, merchant status report does not update to match the activity summary report and has been this way for a long time.

As for merchants going offline, I've started dropping them the first time they do and only joining new ones if they are auto deposit, just too frustrating to build the links and watch em go dead for days at a time.

I used to think that the reason they went off line was maybe because they were actually selling something and so maybe there was some hope there somewhere but after enough redirects to my default page I concluded that they can't sell anything if they're offline so what good are they!!!
    Mash Your Motor!

waybar,

give that a shot - we had some logic messed up but i think i've kicked it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    Brian,

I just logged in to my account, all of the 11 merchants that were offline are now
    showing in my Activity Summary Center, and I was able to quit them.

Thank you.

Wayne

Wink brought one back
    one of mine was offline. didn't want to quit on them yet so I contacted them through the network interface. got an answer today with a thank-you; the AM had been traveling for a couple of weeks.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread