Ebay Editor Kit Question(s)
    Hi there:

I have always just accepted this, but it occured to me today to ask here in the forum. On my listings produced by the Editor Kit, they never show auctions ending sooner then about 2 1/2 hours. Can this be modified?

Oh - Second Question I have always been meaning to ask:
    Some people using Windows XP and IE will try to click on the auction, but nothing happens. I thought this was SP2, but I have SP2 running, and it is fine. These people also cannot click on qksrv.net CJ links. Is there a workaround for this -- for the eBay Editor Kit code?

thanks
    Steve

Steve,
    yes you can. I have several lists that display the latest auctions listed. Its the sort function. I do believe that in the kit there is an option for sorting newest auctions or auctions ending first but inside the script there is a code for sort. I don't know it right off hand but I could look it up if you like.. just let me know.

not sure about 2nd question.. .

I've noticed the same thing about it not listing items ending within 2 1/2 hours. I just looked at the script: &sortby=endtime&sortdir=asc

I don't see where you can force the auctions that are about to end to show up, but if there is a way to do it, I'd like to know that too.

I don't know the answer to the second one either. You might also want to ask the question at the eBay Affiliate Forum, and maybe one of the Affiliate Team Members will have more insight: http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?forumID=118

Thanks everyone!

Well I got the Editor Kit to sort by newest listed. No problemo.

However that 2 1/2 hour cutoff is annoying. Some of my pages are on pretty hotly contested items in lively categories. I think the auctions in that gap would be very helpful.

I'll go see what I can find on the eBay associates board.

Steve

We just had to reformat my computer due to some virus junk and all. It has all updated windows items now like SP2. I use XP and IE (most of the time). On my pages that have Ebay Auctions or Dynamic Showcases I get a little alert saying it is not showing certain content, and you can "click here" to allow this content. So, yes it is happening! I almost cra--ed whe I went to a page and saw almost nothing!
    Mel

It's probably blocking active content, such as JavaScript. I've seen similar issues with some template sites that display content using JavaScript, which is generally a bad idea anyway.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread