Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    2005 Conference for Friends of ABestWeb
    It's finally all coming together .... Chicago will be the home of a meeting for affiliate marketers. This meeting should at least meet and probably exceed the networking value and fun we had last year in Las Vegas. Here's the specifics:

Dates: June 24 and 25, 2005

Meeting Location: Two members of the Chicago affiliate marketing community, Carolyn Tang at Orbitz and Brian Littleton at Sharasale are planning to provide meeting space, with details forthcoming depending upon the number of attendees.

Recommended Hotel: This too will depend on the initial responses we get as to the number of people we expect to come. If the numbers are substantial, we expect to negotiate a discounted group rate at one of several possible hotels.

Agenda:

Friday (9AM to 4PM with one hour for lunch) will be for open forum discussions on the following six subjects:
    - Building Dynamic Content Affiliate Websites
    - New Sources of Traffic (i.e, how to recover from the Google AdWords policy)
    - Organic Search Engine Traffic ... state of affiliate marketing with organic seach engine traffic from MSN, Google, Yahoo and Ask Jeeves
    - Is There a Future in Wireless World Marketing?
    - Affiliate Marketing: Travel Industry
    - How to Succeed at Affiliate Marketing in a rapidly changing industry

One hour will be allocated to each discussion, less a ten minute break. We will be asking for volunteers to moderate each discussion.

Saturday will be devoted to networking at a location and setting appropriate for the occasion, and will be announced once we know how many people are expected to attend.

Naturally there will be improptu networking opportunites in off-hours and we will have suggestions for shopping, sightseeing, etc. for spouses or significant other companions of attendees, should they not wish to attend the meetings.

Costs: There are no conference attendance fees. However, travel, lodging, meals and entertainment will be at the attendee's expense. We will look for sponsors to cover some of our meal and/or entertainment expenses, but the only sponsorships in our initial planning are meeting space from Orbitz and/or Shareasale.

Local transportation: All events are being planned such that local transportation is possible on the Chicago CTA rapid transit system. Attendees arriving by air at either O'hare or Midway airports can get on the CTA at those locations and take it to the suggested hotel (forthcoming) and to/from our meeting places. Short taxi rides may be needed in some situations.

Chicago in mid-June is a vibrant place. Winter's snow, ice and cold wind are just a memory and balmy breezes mix with the warm sun and long days of the summer solstice. So let's hear it from the affiliate marketing community ... who's planning on coming?

Affiliate Manager
    nuts...brb.

Affiliate Manager
    Okay, here we go. Back to baiting Mackin.

MACKIN, you better show up with the Mrs! I've already got the beer gardens, irish pubs and piano bars all picked out!

Really, Chicago in the summer is just spectacular. And I hope you all come out to mingle and play away from the steamy lights of Vegas.

And yes, once again, I will provide Krispy Kremes.

Carolyn Tang aka Orbitzgrrl (as soon as I can figure out how to get my screen name back)

Affiliate Manager, Orbitz and CheapTickets.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Keep the digital cameras away from the bars...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Carolyn,

You need to contact Haiko re: screen name. He has to merge the old infopop info with the VB info.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    That mean you're coming???

Im There :

Last year When Carolyn had Andy hold that baby doll it was the funniest thing. I am wondering how she is going to top it so I must be there.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Yup, count me in....

I'll be more days outside of the office in June than in, but I won't miss a networking opp with the ABW family...

We may even schedule a wine tasting event form my new merchant...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Falls smack dab in the middle of our vacation in the Carolinas. Yet another affiliate marketing event I won't be able to make.

Sounds like a good agenda, a good location, and a good time of the year. I hope to be there.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    Webmasterworld ends on the 24th. I won't be there, but it is unlikely I can get to Chicago that week either Why is everything in June?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Webmasterworld ends on the 24th. I won't be there, but it is unlikely I can get to Chicago that week either Why is everything in June?
    probably because it's a wholelotta warmer then, than now. getting a little lake effect, over there?

Carolyn,

Fixed, even with out the PM ... now that's service
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

This actually sounds like it will have pretty good value!

I'll try to clear the schedule (and make romm on my credit cards )

Fred

Sounds fine to me. I think I'll go.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

OMG I can actually make it. Chicago is my home town and I'm only a 5 hour drive away....plus my Mom is still there so its a free...free I can do!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    This says it all Friends of ABestWeb how could I not attend. Haiko, don't forget, all the you want.

Looking forward to meeting everyone for the first time.

Except Andy that is. I'm going to drive a few blocks soon to test out some of that new he's hiding.
    Hey Andy, what's this about "bars"? Sounds like dangerous events you folks attend.
    Perhaps I call you next week for Wine Tasting practice over at

Internet Cowboy
    I'm all over it. This sounds like fun. Try to get us a deal at a nice hotel. I've never been outside of the airport at Chicago. It is on my list of places to go, so here I go.
    The Cubs will not be in town that weekend but the Sox are in town and hosting Cleveland.
    Carolyn, who do you suggest to fly from Orlando or Daytona travelling early on the 23rd and 26th?
    See you all there.
    Scott

Smile Chicagoland
    Great location! Being a Minneapolis boy, I'll feel right at home. Use to live in Deerfield in the early 1970s. Would be a great opportunity to meet the other ABW folks and I'll be sure to bring my digital camera just for Andy's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    OMG I can actually make it. Chicago is my home town and I'm only a 5 hour drive away....plus my Mom is still there so its a free...free I can do!
    Suzi, mommy misafir kabul eder mi? (Just kidding)

It sounds pretty good, and I'll try and go, too.

Sam Bay,

My Mom (Hayriye Teze...to you) would love to help out a fellow Turk!
    She'll cook us the best baklava and yaprak dolma, Berek...

Ohhhh I'm home sick for her food right now. Lots of Turks in Chicago.

It should be a great time.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

We always plan our trips to Chicago based on how many places we want to eat. It's hard to beat Chicago for the variety of ethnic food! New York might come close.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Wish I could be there
    Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I won't be able to make that meeting because of the dates and I was so looking forward to meeting up with so many of you.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be there!

I am scheduled to be at eBay Live that week which runs June 23-25.

If there's ANY reschedule please let me know!

* sigh *

This thread is depressing me.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Unfortunately, the time/place also pretty much kills it for me for being able to attend also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast