Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

22 62.86%
  • NO

13 37.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stop the Crying - Take Action
    I have been reading these threads for a while, I have never seen so many cry babies, EVER!! If you are so sure CJ is not up to par, why cry as you continue to pay Google, Overture...? Do something about the problem. All I hear is complain, complain, complain!!! Do you really even need CJ?(NO) Does CJ really need you?(YES) If you are really interested in making money, why does your thought process stop @ affilliate marketing?? Have any of you ever heard of dropshipping? Have you ever heard of putting your own shopping cart on your site and processing orders yourself? (not necessarily CJ's merchants).
    If you know spyware , scumware, parasites... are stealing from everyone, brainstorm and come up with some solutions. All you do is complain, complain, complain!!! I was with CJ in 2001, one of my sales was suddenly gone, on my website CJ was suddenly gone. (I stopped the affilliate marketing). I started buying my own products, dropshipping and selling on the ever expensive eBay. Those of you in NY (and other places, I'm sure, I only know about NY) should have no problem getting great products @ great prices.
    Possible Solutions---
    - Go to the 'Groups' and tell everyone about their downloads- FREE Smiley's=FREE spyware. FREE music=FREE spyware.
    - If you buy something, buy from the website of someone who is a CJ member, then tell the member you bought something...
    - If everyone make a webpage that explain the scumware, there is a better chance more people will know about the problems. You can get a free website from Tripod.

- GO ON STRIKE against CJ! STOP promoting their merchants if you know that you are being scammed.

Everyone here already know about the scumware, what are you doing to spread the word to others?
    I believe that if everyone start a campaign to stamp out these problems, we can. I believe that if we sit around and continue to discuss this problem only here on this forum, they will win.
    Continually posting only to this forum is possibly the same as someone going to Bill Gates asking him "how would you like to make $1,000". It's crazy. Actively do something,
    -Try this- Complain in one hand and .... in the other.

Why do you settle for 5, 10, 12, 15%, when you can get as much as 100, 200, 300% markup selling your own products?

This forum was started, start your own 'CJ'

If anyone is offended, GOOD!
    Now get to work on your financial future.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Talking
    Believe it the whines posted at ABW are just as effective, when they get SERPed, as the BHO adware/spyware pages shown on members pages. A Group of us Microsoft resellers did get Bill Gates' attention and he forked over 512 million $$$ to Giant Company to whack the browser hijackers compromising his operating system.

I'm the most vocal whiner on this board and have racked up some impressive changes to the way merchants and networks operate when they were forced by group pressure to change things. Now the ultimate hammer is landing on them to quit all the Gorrilla marketing crap, SERP & browser spamming, Opt-Out e-mail marketing etc etc from the foce who can't be stopped ...the consumer with the mouse click. Any click wasting his time, or taking him to drive-by installs or popup hellholes, acts like a cluetrain shock treatment.

I have this banner/linked to http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
    on my front page and interior detailed pages on spyware/adware surfer education pages.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Internet Cowboy
    Well said!
    I totally agree with this post. As for:
    If everyone make a webpage that explain the scumware, there is a better chance more people will know about the problems. You can get a free website from Tripod.
    I could not have said that better on this post

Great!!
    Ecomcity, I think you are a solution, I read your posts, always! You are so informed (in my opinion, and no opinion count like my opinion, in my opinion).
    So... Let's all band together and kick butt!!

Affiliate Manager
    Confused!
    What really stumps me the most after seeing all the complaining and rants about CJ over the past year or so...

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=54419

I mean CJ can't be all that bad then... No?

I'm hoping Overstock will follow through with a phone conference call today to cut Norton,et all, off at the knees on scare tactic marketing with their default settings. I'd love to change the way the tracking cookies get set, eliminate all whining on tracking problems, while making the Tricks for clicks playas drool from the other side of the SHN fence. I don't care if the merchant sells underware or Umbrellas at full or discounted prices. I just want one pillar of truth from them that's transparent to all. How well they do at it with targeted traffic from affiliates!

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    DontWhine-Combine
    "why does your thought process stop @ affilliate marketing?? Have any of you ever heard of dropshipping?"

Because that's what we do? If i wanted to do dropshipping, i would be at a dropshipping forum.

Good For You?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    DontWhine-Combine
    "why does your thought process stop @ affilliate marketing?? Have any of you ever heard of dropshipping?"

Because that's what we do? If i wanted to do dropshipping, i would be at a dropshipping forum.
    Well... continue as you are. Post links, get your commission stolen, complain, post links, get your commission stolen, cry, complain, work 14-15 hrs. per day for the scumware, spyware..., post links, SEO, complain...
    More power to you (But more than likely, less money)
    If you spend 14-15 hrs. per day shipping your own products, imagine that!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm making at CJ 3 times what i made last year. You can continue working 14-15 hrs a day. I like this

Kind of interesting you got out of affiliate marketing in 2001, work 14-15 hours a day at dropshipping and have the time and concern reading posts about affiliate marketing at ABW.

I explored drop shipping before I got into affilate marketing. I couldn't find any dropshippers the shipped quality items that I wanted to sell. Do you have any recommendations DotWhine-Combine for good dropshippers that have quality products? (or at least tell me how to find them besides paying money for a book that will probably turn out to be useless)

?
    I don't work 14-15 hrs. per day, I was referring to what was posted earlier by someone. I can't get away from the games (POGO) long enough to do work. At the risk of informing you, I must say, all I need to do is periodically check my mail, the dropshipping is done by the company, not by me. Mmmm, that's a good thought, start a dropship co. Nah, I would rather get my commissions stolen, then complain, complain, complain...

14-15 hour a day.... ooooooof... I hope you take a day off per week...
    even in development countries they call that slavery;-)

Gee, could you be a bit more offensive? Your definition of whine is equal to your ability to *****.

ABW Ambassador
    Excellent posts DontWhine-Combine.

Whining about people on an affiliate board whining about affiliate marketing is a stroke of genius. And now I think I have completed the loop by whining about you.

Your work is done.

I often don't have time to whine here, busy to earn a living, or to live it...
    inspired by this thread, I look forward to someone starting a dropwhining service,
    so they can do the whining here for me, while I do other things...
    >>>> Mmmm, t hat's a good thought, start a dropship co. Nah, I would rather get my commissions
    >>>> stolen, then complain, complain, complain...
    so.... thats what you actually did in 2001... and now hope for more affiliates?

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bethany
    Gee, could you be a bit more offensive? Your definition of whine is equal to your ability to *****.
    Exactly-All that is really needed is a solution. Sometimes a person has to stoop (or rise) to the level of a b..ch in order to be heard. Now is the time to get rid of the parasites, scumware, spyware... before they get rid of you/me. If you/I turn someones' train of thought, different ideas will come forth. If you/I continue to think along the same lines, the same ideas will come forth. Let's Spread the word!
    Haiko, LEADER, Ecomcity can't do it alone-Though, they are fantastic!
    Let's do our part.
    Not only do the scumware, spyware steal commissions, they steal personal information and sell it to the highest bidder. I hate the idea that my 'keystrokes' are possibly being monitored and that there is possibly something inside my computer 'looking' at any/everything.
    This problem goes a lot further than commissions.
    I started this post @ this forum because I knew- If i come to the best of the best, then there is more of a chance that a solution would be found.

Internet Cowboy
    Exclamation
    Haiko and Leader are right up there with Ecomcity!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder when the "Turnip truck" line will come back into it... she only lasts so long in each new persona before that comes back... bets?

You are all over the place...
    1st you start with trying to make us all convert to dropshipping

Have any of you ever heard of dropshipping? Have you ever heard of putting your own shopping cart on your site and processing orders yourself?
    and my thought is...
    So you've come into an affiliate marketing forum and told all of us to stop doing what we're doing and start doing what you're doing?

If I wanted to be a dropshipper...I'd be a dropshipper.

and now you're jumping on the ABW bandwagon:
    Let's Spread the word!
    Haiko, LEADER, Ecomcity can't do it alone-Though, they are fantastic!
    Let's do our part. ...If i come to the best of the best, then there is more of a chance that a solution would be found.
    ummm...where are you going with this?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

ABW Ambassador
    Should we close this thread
    Just so everyone knows, I started the poll.

Thumbs up
    Wow that was a useful drive-by wakeup call. I feel like I was kissed or kicked into affiliate Sainthood alongside Haiko & Ms. B. Sure better then having them as partners in a Crucifixion. I just checked for Charlie footprints on my keyboard, but he hasn't been off his cage since morning...so the masked stranger wasn't him.

I'll treat the whole thread as a call to action and envision an angry ABWer mob drop kicking Adwhores down the street.

I'm too confused to whine
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    You are all over the place...
    1st you start with trying to make us all convert to dropshipping

and my thought is...
    So you've come into an affiliate marketing forum and told all of us to stop doing what we're doing and start doing what you're doing?

If I wanted to be a dropshipper...I'd be a dropshipper.
    I have to agree. Dropshipping doesn't interest me. Affiliate marketing, with all its faults, does.

Education is the best solution at this time, but it isn't always sufficient. I've helped people in my family get rid of spyware, but some people just don't care. After all, it's not their money, and not everyone understands how much of their information is taken by spyware.

We'll just have to wait and see if legislation has any impact.

ABW Ambassador
    Leave affiliate marketing and let the parasites take all our sales legitimately?

How about pressurizing networks to clean up the act?

How about letting thieves know you are aware of the theft and are taking action against them.

How about educating merchants, telling them what is really going on?

How about joining parasite free merchants that track sales and sending the sales to them instead?

Our posts what is happening let everyone know what is going on so the offenders can't just sweep everything under the carpet.

"the poll"

Democracy is an escalation of mediocracy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast