eharmony trademark email crap?
    I get a email today

"Please note that eHarmony has changed its policies regarding publishers bidding on trademarked terms. Although we still encourage affiliates to use paid search as a form of referring visitors to our site, we will no longer allow anyone to bid on "eHarmony" or any derivative of eHarmony in paid search. Within the keyword link, you will find a list of other dating related keywords that are acceptable as well as some of the keywords that are now prohibited. Below is a sample list of terms that will not be allowed to be purchased. Thank you for your understanding and support.

www.eharmony.com, e-harmony, e_harmony, e harmony, e harmony com, www eharmony com, www eharmony, .com eharmony, eharmony dating, eharmony singles, eharmony dating service, eharmony.com search, harmony, harmony dating, eharmoney, eharmonie, eharmoy, etc"

im sorry But I really dont think. they have trademarked all those names... this is once again another LAME ploy by merhants when will they ever learn... like come on... if they have trademarked all those fairs fair.. and they can be idiots about it.. but.. unless every single one they mention is trademarked above.. they are talking out their ass..

Seem the way affiliate marketing is going now days is like this..

" umm yes I want to find people who will advertise for my company, as I want more money, but i dont want them to compete with me as im a nob.. and i want them to realize im doing them a favor giving them the honor of advertising for me..as im a nob.., and i will try to think up more ways to restrict their ways to earn .. because im a nob.."

in the words of JOHN Stossel

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think it has anything to do with what they've trademarked, it's just one of their affiliate program terms. If you don't agree with it, leave the program (I would).

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    LastHope,

I think maybe you don't fully understand how trademarks work. The only one I see on that list that is questionable related to eharmony.com being trademarked is 'harmony'. They don't have to actually have all those derivatives registered as trademarks themselves. It's the very same principle as to why typosquatting/cypbersquatting falls under trademark laws as a no-no if the Merchant has an issue with the practice.

You have every right to disagree with Merchant's implementing PPC bidding policies on their trademarks. But they have every right to implement whatever policies they want with regards to their trademark.

You either agree to a Merchant's terms and abide by them or you leave their program over their terms.

they have some heavy advertising budget, but do they convert for any of us?

ABW Ambassador
    I've never even heard of em lol

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    They advertise heavily in the US SamyT. Constantly run TV ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    they have some heavy advertising budget, but do they convert for any of us?
    They do for me, one of my top converters. They convert better than the entire FriendFinder network combined (minus 1 or 2 network sites I don't promote). But then again, so does pretty much everything else I promote.

I can only think of one site at the moment that converts better for me than eHarmony.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

I cant get eharmoney to convert at all so I dropped their program and made a page with each one of their banned keywords and placed adsnese all over it.... hmmm thanks for the keywords. Actually I love getting emails like this its free keywords that a I know a merchant pays for

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Actually I love getting emails like this its free keywords that a I know a merchant pays for
    Yeah, but it's also keywords you know they now only have to pay a nickel for!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy
    They do for me, one of my top converters. They convert better than the entire FriendFinder network combined (minus 1 or 2 network sites I don't promote).
    Branding - gotta love it.

Fred

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread