Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question Any bigger merchants available at SAS at all???
    Hi folks,
    joined SAS as an affiliate few days ago but I am not a affiliate newbie so hopefully my observations won't sound stupid - As I am playing mostly with SE traffic I decided to try out merchants offering most products (lot of products means lot of keywords, you know so I went to datafeed section and joined few of top programs there thinking lots of products means big merchant.
    So I generated some site for one of them, after few days made about 40 bucks and guess what - not only I got "Wondering how you're doing it" email from merchant but also he went Temporarily Offline. After browsing the shareasale merchant section I noticed they request only $50 merchant deposit = I am probably the only guy making money with that merchant. Whoops.
    The rest of big datafeed guys has Low funds notice, but considering the minimum they need to run I feel promoting them is just waste of time because they will went offline almost immediately after somebody starts to send them serious traffic. For me it's absolutely unacceptable some merchant goes offline, Temporarily Offline means to me
    WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF OUR BUSINESS NOR WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF YOUR'S. It's like running commercial in TV and having the shop closed next day.Brrr.

To make long story short, are there any merchants out there with wide products range with no deposit problems, probably with experience having bigger affiliates in house?
    Anybody having experience with shareasale Premier product service programas an affiliate? Any use of this?

Thanks
    XM

Hi XM,

The "Low Funds/Temporarily Offline" situation is a common complain from affiliates on this forum. However, Shareasale does provide an "auto-replinish" option for merchants that will keep money in their account at all times. Before joining a merchant directly from the datafeed page, check out more information on the merchant... From the Shareasale menu, choose "Join New Programs" and find the merchant. Once found, click "View details of this program". If the merchant in question participates in the auto-replenish program, there will be an "auto" icon under the "vitals" header. You should have no problem using merchants with the "auto-replenish" option.

As a merchant, I am not sure why anyone would not participate in the auto-replenish program. However, it seems to be quite common (as you will read in countless other threads here)... Don't let this discourage you, though... there are many fine merchants in the auto-replenish program. Hope this helps to answer one of your questions!

Modern Artisans
    www.modernartisans.com

ABW Ambassador

Affiliate Manager
    I'm sure in any affiliate network, you are going to run into merchants that works with a smaller budget than other big companies out there. SAS may have more of these merchants, since their initial and other fees are much lower (more fair?). Overall, I've only heard praises from affiliates on SAS.

Our own affiliate program has been running very well, auto-replenish is on and our balance never runs out. I know many other SAS merchants are very dependable just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by XM
    Hi folks,
    joined SAS as an affiliate few days ago but I am not a affiliate newbie so hopefully my observations won't sound stupid - As I am playing mostly with SE traffic I decided to try out merchants offering most products (lot of products means lot of keywords, you know so I went to datafeed section and joined few of top programs there thinking lots of products means big merchant.
    So I generated some site for one of them, after few days made about 40 bucks and guess what - not only I got "Wondering how you're doing it" email from merchant but also he went Temporarily Offline. After browsing the shareasale merchant section I noticed they request only $50 merchant deposit = I am probably the only guy making money with that merchant. Whoops.
    The rest of big datafeed guys has Low funds notice, but considering the minimum they need to run I feel promoting them is just waste of time because they will went offline almost immediately after somebody starts to send them serious traffic. For me it's absolutely unacceptable some merchant goes offline, Temporarily Offline means to me
    WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF OUR BUSINESS NOR WE DON'T TAKE CARE OF YOUR'S. It's like running commercial in TV and having the shop closed next day.Brrr.

To make long story short, are there any merchants out there with wide products range with no deposit problems, probably with experience having bigger affiliates in house?
    Anybody having experience with shareasale Premier product service programas an affiliate? Any use of this?

Thanks
    XM
    XM,
    I am curious to know the number of products you consider to be big. We currently carry more than 50 products on our site and we also have a datafeed available. We do very well in selling our products through SEO and from a merchant's point of view, I would like to tie up with affiliates who have a lot of traffic coming in and who also have a similar target base as our's. Unless you have a generic site, wouldn't you want to tie up with merchants who suit your visitor demographics?

Oasis
    KidStuffInABox

I don't think he's necessarily talking about the number of products, but the quantity of sales. He generated $50 in commissions for a merchant and it depleted the merchant's account.

I just want to point out that smaller merchants aren't necessarily bad. I started promoting one a couple years ago, and their reporting shows the order# for each order that the affiliate generates. My first order was like 462. Then 463. Then 464. After a month, I looked to see how many orders I had generated and how how many orders the merchant had in total (my last order number minus my first order number). Over 80% of his orders were coming through me. Small merchant. But the conversion ratio was very good and he was willing to do quite a bit to keep my business.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I to have found smaller merchants will jump through hoops for you. I would think it might be good to ask a merchant to put it on auto replenish or check it daily for a while until you both see where your sales are going with them if you expect to send them a lot of sudden traffic.

Do it and you will find they are very greatful and helpful.

There is nothing quite like being a merchant's number one sales person.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I'm a merchant on SaS with over 2000 products currently available with product feed and auto deposit both enabled. I'm also that one of those merchants that will jump through hoops to help you.

Take a look http://www.ampalian.com/linktous.php
    Malcolm
    [URL=http://www.ampalian.com]Ampalian Direct Jewellery[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.ampalian.com/linktous.php] Make Money with Ampalian[/URL]

we will be launching our skin care program next week .
    we have 53 product range,
    its not a mall,
    but for one type of product its plenty,

if i had one affiliate that sold 4 products a day. X 20 good affiliates. i would be more than happy.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Cripes! I am in the middle of doing jewelry right now! (sigh)

Well, looks like I must pull LS links by the end of the month, anyway.

Catch ampalian on the rebound.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    I to have found smaller merchants will jump through hoops for you. I would think it might be good to ask a merchant to put it on auto replenish or check it daily for a while until you both see where your sales are going with them if you expect to send them a lot of sudden traffic.

I totally agree, when I found clix galore, and Kolumba merchants,
    no big names, like Walmart,Hallmark,etc my sales and traffic zoomed,they have a great mix,and lower prices, and best of all, better commisions,they don't have to pay the high fees charged by Linkshare,et. al
    Also, they show up front who may be low on funds Before you sign on, and one merchant actually has products made only the USA,not China,ot Timbukto.
    I love them, and cuddos to my old friend Sandra, I have several pepole lined up with a load of great art work, like the complete Currier and Ives collection, in the covers, and printed in 1952, she has been haveing finacially difficulties,I aim to help her, today my wife would be &2, if the Lord didn't need more angels, maybe I can earn enough to get back home, to Edgewater,NJ on the other side of the state,since I have a subsidized apartment here, in no mans land, I like the traffic and noise there,I am a city boy, and my sons,granchildren, Legion Post are all there, I am to stubborn to give up,if you can survive Korea,you can do most anything, then, I can plant the 2 spruce trees, the bench and plaque in her honor, like we did, for all the vets from the post, that passed away, we have hundreds in NJ and Pa. I don't see my angel icon so,
    JJ

Blessed Be

Shareasale Merchant 7191

Thanks,
    Keep those cards and letters coming, you are a great service too so many,when I tell people about what you went through to join the service.they ehink i am whacko, just like when I tell them how I found the fountain of youth under th Torg waterfall, at the blue Lakes of Kilarney (there is such a place) when the sign said danger do not climb, i did, and got my brother in law to do the same,using the pure water, I never aged, and was the fifth president, and my irish rose, is my 17th wife??????????
    Keep the faith
    Jim Monroe

Keep up the Good Work, Jim.

Well, since I am working on Jewelry right now, I thought I would at least put up a small banner for Ampalian. But, since I have to wait for approval, I guess I will just grab another merchant for that spot.

Well, since I am working on Jewelry right now, I thought I would at least put up a small banner for Ampalian. But, since I have to wait for approval, I guess I will just grab another merchant for that spot.
    SSanf,
    May be you could join our affiliate program. Check us out when you get a chance - Shareasale Merchant ID: 6492 (KidStuffInABox). I am always in search for quality affiliates.

Thanks,
    Oasis

Of course, I have seen your site. When I get back to the furniture, I will put you up in the childrens area..

If you saw some of the sites that apply for merchant status you'd understand why approval is necessary. It's important to maintain some integrity for the brand for my future success and yours.

If you wanna be with the best give it a few hours. We approve (or otherwise) very quickly indeed.

Regards

Malcolm
    Malcolm

Well, I am still waiting for a reply.
    Guess, my site wasn't even worth a declination.

Of course, you DO realize that we don't list all our sites, I suppose.

I have 34 or 36 or something like that and and 14 of them have some kind of jewelry. I am pretty sure you won't want to look at all the prospective sites we have even if we did list them. But, oh well, never mind.

Most have more sites than I do.

I have no outstanding pending approval. Please email me direct and I'll sort this out straight away. I'll PM you.
    Malcolm

Children's Boutique

Feel free to check us out. We are small but have a nice niche' of children's boutique products and provide outstanding customer service. We also have a product feed available and auto deposit enabled. If you ever want to talk to us, our phone # is in our about page and you will get one of the owners direct every time.

http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale...erchantID=7152

Quote Originally Posted by modernartisans
    Hi XM,

The "Low Funds/Temporarily Offline" situation is a common complain from affiliates on this forum. However, Shareasale does provide an "auto-replinish" option for merchants that will keep money in their account at all times. Before joining a merchant directly from the datafeed page, check out more information on the merchant... From the Shareasale menu, choose "Join New Programs" and find the merchant. Once found, click "View details of this program". If the merchant in question participates in the auto-replenish program, there will be an "auto" icon under the "vitals" header. You should have no problem using merchants with the "auto-replenish" option.

As a merchant, I am not sure why anyone would not participate in the auto-replenish program. However, it seems to be quite common (as you will read in countless other threads here)... Don't let this discourage you, though... there are many fine merchants in the auto-replenish program. Hope this helps to answer one of your questions!

Modern Artisans
    www.modernartisans.com

Thanks. That's helpful to remember.

its quite funny reading a thread ,
    where i say we are starting next week
    That brings back memories .
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

Response
    Quote Originally Posted by XM
    Hi folks,

Thanks
    XM
    I don't bother with these threads much anymore, since I have had sales on SAS, and no indication in the reports, and with the $50 pay level, to, me , it's all a waste of time.I have a lot of traffic, and same with LS, but at least they pay.
    JJ
    Even Einstein read comic books.
    The economy is just to overwhelmed,credit card debt all time high, and shopping down, except for teens, who don't realize the cards have high interest rates, and have to be paid. Washington has screwed me up good this year.I only needed 5 sites, in the past, and did well enough.I am not adding, but dropping merchants. with poor track records.If the Irish Elagance shop, can't pay their bills, they don't belong.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast