Reporting Problems
    Is anyone seeing the same problems I see from yesterday's report? I show zero impressions even though I show clicks. My sales are WAY off but that's not really unusual for this time of the morning. Oddly, not all my merchants are being shown on the report either.
    Anyone else?

Things have seemed screwey all week. Today just seems like more of the same. I'm putting more of my energy into indie / SAS merchants. Between CJ and LS, whatever hair I haven't pulled out yet will be turning grey soon. :-)

- Tim
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

15 years and counting
    There's a reporting problem. I've Click-Throughs and Orders but no Impressions.

Affiliate Manager
    I have been asked to post here by a few people in an effort to help other merchants troubleshoot possible LS reporting problems. Over the last few weeks we have been reprocessing files numerous times a week as our reports continually failed or looked light in the LS interface. After a bit of research with LS, we discovered that there were non ASCII compliant characters in our feeds. For the last few days one of our developers has been going through our LS trans feed and removing these characters. It has been a bit tedious, but we are looking to rerun our feeds tomorrow and date them back to Jan 15th, about a week before when we believe we first saw a problem. I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if any of you have any questions.

Regards,

Clark Stephens
    Affiliate Program Manager
    Overstock.com
    CStephens@Overstock

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    How would back dating transactions updates to Jan 15th help us if our Jan & February Linshare cut off dates for commissions have been finalized? I'd assume that the honest Overstock folks would adjust commissions in March for lost sales for those periods. It sure was a shock to get a January payment from Overstock yesterday, as for the last 5 years OS payments came in by the 25th of the following month. Don't get me wrong we appreciate getting paid all we earned. This non-reporting snafu has taken place since November 2004 and it seems like someone had no common sense at Overstock to not verify standard ASCII characters were used in database updates. That one requirement has been placed in stone, since the first database was developed. I seem to recall the statement.... Garbage In- Garbage Out ...from the 70's when I sold systems for IBM and Wang Labs.

PS: I'm still available for that phone call Clark, where you were expressing interest in legally challenging Norton's blanking/blocking default settings on affiliate/merchant links. One key ingrediant in the Safe Haven Network model.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread