Unhappy How Do I revive a site??
    Back in mid Nov. 2004 Yahoo dumped one of sites completely from their index. I went for having a few thousand page in their index to 1. After doing a little research I concluded that it was because I had too many out going links on my root and in their index my site was indexed as the merchants for which I was advertising. Follow that???

So I changed my links back to pointing at my site before linking to the merchant. I changed the title tags and other metatags and now I am waiting to get back in to the Yahoo index.

My question is simple. Does any one have any tips on getting back into an index??

Yahoo took well over a GB in Jan 05' and almost that much in Feb 05 and still I have just one page in their index. I was thinking about rejecting the yahoo bot for a few weeks to see if that would help.

TIA,
    Doug

I too would like to know if anyone has any input on this. I have a site that has been running for about a year and a half and as of last week all my pages were indexed at Yahoo. Last Tuesday, all my traffic up and disappeared because Yahoo now only recognizes one page. Recently (the beginning of this year) I added a "store" to this site to try and get more sales because it is primarily a content site. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it or????? By the way, the "store" wasnt producing anything so I up and deleted it thinking that might be the problem. I don't even want to mention Google, they dumped me long ago.

Any information will be appreciated. Please help us!!!!!

Thanks

Migrate the site to a new domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Migrate the site to a new domain.
    So are you saying yahoo black balled my domain so just move the content to a different domain?

I can see the logic but man that really is $^*&^ ed up.

TIA Doug

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let me see if I can get my priorities straight so I can actually become an effective affiliate. I sure know what to do to make a merchants site and ebiz plan successful year after year, but seem to miss the most important point of affiliate marketing techniques ...HOW TO MANIPULATE TRAFFIC. Page content, pre-sell spin and consumer friendly merchant selection of products and services are secondary to the ability of an affiliate's trick arsenal to fool the SERPs, or resort to hijacking/enslaving the shoppers browser.

No wonder over the years I see the majority of AM's corting those most adept at manipulating traffic and eyeballs by giving them the spam tools they desire most. Problem with this approach is the AM's gleen the affiliates successful tricks to bring in-house as a fee service, or jump to the always successful traffic manipulators of the darkside, when their traffic shills get whacked by those being manipulated. Problem is the mass advertising mindset cannot build, or demand, long term loyality from any core group of value-add affiliates when playing both sides of the fence. No way can they truthfully guarantee their turning a blind eye to their group of traffic tricksters won't destroy their actual value-add affiliate base with the ever dwindling commissions based upon the effectiveness of the latest traffic trick.

It sure is comforting the SE's, legit Anti-Spyware/Adware folks, State & Federal Legislators and news media focus in upon this industry's worse practicioners, opening a way for those dedicating their sites and pages to servicing the actual shoppers. Every OUTED traffic manipulation trick puts another nail in the coffin of those seeking to get rich quick in the affiliate game by SERP, e-mail and browser spamming.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Mike have you considered installing a water filter in your home?

Mike cant help himself... I notice his buddy Charlie is no more... I hear he flew the coop in search of warmer weather...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Simple:

The same thing happened from Yahoo to my main site. This happened around August 2004 and still isn't in the yahoo index.

Quote Originally Posted by simplistechs
    ...After doing a little research I concluded that it was because I had too many out going links on my root and in their index my site was indexed as the merchants for which I was advertising.
    This sounds like a "duplicate content" penalty. Was that your conclusion too?

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    It sure is comforting the SE's, legit Anti-Spyware/Adware folks, State & Federal Legislators and news media focus in upon this industry's worse practicioners, opening a way for those dedicating their sites and pages to servicing the actual shoppers. Every OUTED traffic manipulation trick puts another nail in the coffin of those seeking to get rich quick in the affiliate game by SERP, e-mail and browser spamming.

Really not sure what you mean, but I can say with confidence I am not in this with a get rich attitude, nor is it or was it my intention to do anything in an underhanded manner. I see you have over 12,000 posts, well past the learning curve. I still consider myself to be learning affiliate marketing and that is the reason for this thread.

TIA,
    Doug

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simplistechs
    Back in mid Nov. 2004 Yahoo dumped one of sites completely from their index. I went for having a few thousand page in their index to 1. After doing a little research I concluded that it was because I had too many out going links on my root and in their index my site was indexed as the merchants for which I was advertising. Follow that???
    You had a lot of links pointing off your site on your index page? Would they somehow penalize this as some sort of Directory-Type-Link page?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread