Its not midnight but dumb question anyway...
    OK I have been looking through alot of posts and cant find anywhere to see the websites of all you people. When i click on the view profile for some reason it says I dont have access, yet I have subscribed. I would like to get an idea of what some of your successful (and it sounds like most of you are!) websites look like so I know what exactly I am doing wrong and what I am supposed to be doing to make mine work. HELP!!!!
    Thanks guys,
    Wendy

Welcome Skunnky

Until you have a certain number of posts you have limited access to certain areas and other features are locked.

Its the boards way to make sure you are serious about being here and not just spamming.Have fun, get to know people , ask questions, and post post post untill you reach your fifty.

Anna
    Last edited by Kellie aka Ms. B; March 13th, 2005 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Haiko has stated repeatedly the exact number is not to be public.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    skunnymunk,

First, welcome to ABW.

You'll most likely not find that information here. A few will put their sites in their sigs, but mostly not. For the very reason you are asking to see them. While many successful affs here are very generous in sharing their knowledge about affiliate marketing in general, for the most part they are not going to just serve up their sites for copetitors to potentially copy (both in ideas and flat out copy and paste of their sites). And why should they do such when they spent in many cases years developing their business and going through the rigors of what is successful and what is not?

Indeed, this board has very strict TOS regarding the protection of other members domains if they do not wish for the URL's to be revealed.

ABW Ambassador
    Lightbulb affiliate site info
    You will find that in this industry the affiliates don't generally give out that information for various reasons. Idea copiers and entire site copiers are LURKING a ready to copy.

In addition, many affiliate have hundreds of income producing sites.

Also even when able view a members profile, their URL will only show if they have chosen to make such information public. It is not a required field in the profile. Generally you will see that information for Merchants, although I've seen many AM's who don't have fill that out for some reason.

OK thanks everyone! Makes sense! I guess I will just pour through all the postings to get help on building my sites so they work. I am just amazed at how this affiliate thing really CAN work and CAN make money and hope it will work for me. I AM DETERMINED!
    Please email me if you have tips or anything you think a newbie can use. Dont worry I wont steal any ideas from you..I got enough racing around in my head to keep me busy for a few years hehehe....
    Wendy
    / youll be seeing me around here ALOT... I am stoked to make this work!

Good luck Wendy! Please do feel free to post any questions you have as you build your site(s). There's always people more than willing to assist when questions are posted. The more specific your questions, the more valuable the information you're likely to receive. ie: asking "who is a good merchant to promote" is likely to get few truly helpful response whereas "does anyone have experience with Merchant X" will likely have folks sharing their experiences with the Merchant.

Yes you CAN make money and there are many here who started on ABW exactly where you are right now and are making money now. Look forward to seeing you around here alot and seeing your post about your first sale.

Internet Cowboy
    You hit the nail on the head
    Quote Originally Posted by skunnymunk
    I AM DETERMINED!
    That attitude is the best thing you have on your side. You can learn the things you need to know easily enough.
    Look at anyone here who is successful and you will see someone who stuck with it in the beginning when things were tough, stuck it out through bad things that happen with SE's that set them back and any of the other thousand things that can happen to make your site go from doing well to tanking.
    Don't abandon that attitude and you will do well!
    Good luck

Another option is to sumbit your site to the experts right here in ABW:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146
    They'll rip into it and many will offer very useful advice.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread