Google Addsense Bugs me
    I put a google addsense banner on my website (infact just added google search too) and have made 3.00 in the past week. YIPPEE!! I know all you pros out there are making much more but IM HAPPY. ANYWAY...QUESTION...
    I dont understand the stats page and will someone please explain.
    What exactly are page impressions and clicks...(whats the difference) and how do they monitor them and decide which they pay you on or not. When I look at the stats some days I had more clicks but made less! DONT GET IT!
    Also do they work by cookies, because if i click on my link no clicks show up on the stats page.Please dont think i am dumb...just new and learning

Wendy
    www.wendypresseisen.com (you wont wanta copy my site..its a mess)

PS How much does google pay each time someone does a search on the google search bar? couldnt find that info in the addsense website. AND just out of curiosity (whoevers reading this) Which do you make more on..the search or the add banners??

Hi Wendy,

Impressions indicate how many times the ads appear on your site. Clicks indicate how many times those ads were clicked on. Ads pay varying amounts, so it's possible to have 100 clicks one day and make less money than the previous day, when only 50 clicks occurred. It all depends how much each ad is paying.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    It's adwords
    >How much does google pay
    I think it's a vioation of the adwords TOS to discuss that.

added:
    jensense.com is a good source of information. Jen was a speaker on that subject at SES NY

ABW Ambassador
    How come nearly all of the merchant links on your website are dead considering they are just straight links to the merchants websites? Odd!

I amn still building the shopping part of my site..just the bare bones of what I want on it. I think I am going to totally revamp that site though because it is ugly.
    Any design suggestions anyone???
    thanks for any help
    Wendy

Internet Cowboy
    This is an embellished version of the Adsense terms of service, in case you didn't read it all:
    Please put our ads on your site. Do not call us or e-mail us and ask how much per click or what percentage of the cost of the click we will pay you. We simply will not tell you this and furthermore; it is a viaolation of the rules to discuss it with anyone in a public setting.
    There is really no rhyme or reason to it.
    I don't think you get paid just for searches, but you get paid if someone clicks one of the Adsense ads in the search results.

ABW Ambassador
    Wendy, it appears that you haven't read the Google AdSense rules. It's really important that you do that. If you continue to click on your own AdSense links, you will definitely be terminated from their program.

In all honesty, I don't know how your site could have been accepted in the AdSense program as there is no content on your site.

in case you missed it...

Clicking adsense on your own site is fraud. DO NOT DO IT. NOT EVEN TO TEST.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    In all honesty, I don't know how your site could have been accepted in the AdSense program as there is no content on your site.
    She has her own artwork on the site - that's way more than many affiliate marketing sites that use adsense have for "content".

Yes, Wendy, don't click on your own ads - you will surely get kicked out of the program. Adsense earnings, like anything else earning money on a website, will be proportional to the amount of traffic you get. Find ways to increase your traffic, and earnings go up. You may consider google adwords to bring visitors to your site to sell your artwork. The adsense earnings will defray some of the cost of adwords. The adwords will bring targeted traffic that may buy some of the work you sell. Go to https://adwords.google.com for info.

Welcome to this forum Wendy
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Thanks everyone for enlightening me! Im going back to read all the program details again...ive read so many different Terms of Service on different sites when joining that is has all become a fog. Guess i should slow down and absorb more..seems like i am doing everything WRONG!
    Still so glad to have found this place so I can start back in the right direction. Thanks everyone! AND thanks CHEESEHEAD for defending the Content of my site...my paintings have taken years to paint..and putting it all together in a website (4th so far) has been a long ongoing process and I dont see why google wouldnt want me (except for traffic which i have to work on MAJORLY)

OK back to the drawing board........
    Wendy

ABW Ambassador
    Wendy,
    I vaguely remember you from Ebay years ago. If it's the same Wendy your folk art paintings are magnificent. I don't see why you need google adsense with your reputation. Personally, I think it will cheapen your website.

Hi Infoseeker, thanks for your nice words! I am still selling my prints on ebay... now and then an original painting, but would like to have another income to fall back on besides my painting and ebay. So this is where I am at. Do you sell on ebay? Everyone around here is so mysterious...i wonder what all kinds of products they are marketing?
    Anyway after reading all the helpful info here (including yours) I decided to cut down on the ads part of the www.wendypresseisen website and focus on my other sites for the affiliate thing. still want to generate some money though besides selling the prints so I think Ill keep the google bar but make it blend in with everything. too bad they wont less us configure it to match our site ...i would make it look like a framed painting

thanks for your input and that "cheapen my site by adding adsense" comment was cool...made my day!
    Wendy

ABW Ambassador
    Wendy, I apologize for offending you by my comment about the lack of content on your site. What I should have said is the lack of text. This is what I had in mind:
    6. Place AdSense ads on text-rich pages.
    Add AdSense ad code to pages on your site that predominantly contain text. Only text is used to determine a page's content. Therefore, although Google's targeting technology is optimized to target ads to pages with frequently updated content, image-heavy pages or pages with dynamic media such as Macromedia Flash may not return relevant ads.
    https://www.google.com/adsense/tips

What you might want to do is place a description below each piece of your artwork. Google will then use that text to determine the ads that are displayed which will give more variety to your ads and possibly display higher paying ads as well.

Hi Snowman! No appology necessary as i figured, after thinking about that "content" term, that that was prob what you meant. (still not up on all this web lingo..hey is there a website that has a web term glossary?)
    ANYWAY....thanks for the tip...i think thats great idea. I am going to revamp my site today and will definitely include that in the game plan along with everything else so i guess it will look like an entirely new site come back tonight and take a look so you can critique it some more!

so many things to do...so little time....

Wendy / www.wendypresseisen.com

The problem with putting AdSense on an e-commerce site is that it takes people away from the buying process. Now if you were a site dedicated to art, it would be different.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by skunnymunk
    Hi Infoseeker, thanks for your nice words! I am still selling my prints on ebay... now and then an original painting, but would like to have another income to fall back on besides my painting and ebay. So this is where I am at. Do you sell on ebay? Everyone around here is so mysterious...i wonder what all kinds of products they are marketing?
    Anyway after reading all the helpful info here (including yours) I decided to cut down on the ads part of the www.wendypresseisen website and focus on my other sites for the affiliate thing. still want to generate some money though besides selling the prints so I think Ill keep the google bar but make it blend in with everything. too bad they wont less us configure it to match our site ...i would make it look like a framed painting

thanks for your input and that "cheapen my site by adding adsense" comment was cool...made my day!
    Wendy
    Wendy,
    I am a folk art collector so I remember you from Ebay. I always thought you were a big talent!!

Spamming Board
    Hi Guys

I make a full time living from adsense,
    My Experiences with AdSense:

If you hear about people making BIG money with
    AdSense, remember that's only part of the story.

For high total earnings, you need:

1) Numbers. BIG numbers!

- Trafic traffic traffic.. no traffic = no clicks.

- Lots of Keyword-rich pages, optimized to rank highly in search engines
    Sure, there are a few people making serious money with
    less than ten sites, but these are the exception.

2) High Paying Keywords!

In order to maximize Adsense income, you must know which markets
    are paying well. To break this down even further, you need to know
    which keywords within those markets are paying the most.

3) The right ad format and placement of the AdSense on your web
    pages. My experience has been that ads which mimic the look and
    feel of the rest of my web page return the best results..

4) Better statistical reporting than Google can ever give you.
    Make sure you track your Adsense format, position, and traffic with a
    tracking system specifically designed for Adsense. Once you know your
    stats, you can adjust for maximum clickthroughs and higher revenues.

/ Tomas

The Most Profitable Keywords For Maximizing GoogleAdsense
    [ REMOVED URL]
    Last edited by DesignerWiz; March 23rd, 2005 at 05:20 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    You forgot:

So click the link in my sig and then Enter your name and e-mail address
    to instantly discover the system for successful internet marketing.

And no, it's not spam, I just posted my own experiences with AdSense.

/ Tomas

Yes it wasn't spam but it was blatant advertising.
    "Every mans life touches so many others"
    - Clarence

Hello AdsenseCenter (a.k.a Thomas)

I am fairly confident that you have not paid Haiko to promote your exclusive offer titled "Brand New Smokin Hot Affiliate Program. 34 to 1 unique visitors " you posted at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...501#post420501 .

Advertising Setup: http://www.abestweb.com/merchants/advertising.htm

Now I see your posting your link within this thread. Please discuss your promotional offer with Haiko.

Please visit the ABW Rules: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=53660
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Ray, you never really "removed" the urls from either post. Try again.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy
    Ray, you never really "removed" the urls from either post. Try again.
    That's Odd .... My browser & the ABW control panel both show as being removed. Did you "refresh your browser" to ensure your not viewing your cache?
    Ray Thomas

Yeah, I'm sure. I just force refreshed a few times to double check.

I see [REMOVED URL] but [REMOVED is actually still clickable. At least for me.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy
    Yeah, I'm sure. I just force refreshed a few times to double check.

I see [REMOVED URL] but [REMOVED is actually still clickable. At least for me.
    Gotcha' .... fixed now.
    Ray Thomas

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread