I'm not an aff so it wouldn't do me any good but I think it'd be useful to any aff who's considering bulk emailers - which are spammers, which aren't.

They ALL say they're opt-in but my experience is there are very few who are telling the truth about that.

Might save some aff from losing a big commission check for spamming if he had a list to check first.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Agreed.

Also a list of merchants who are fronts for spam brokers. That would help aff's from unwittingly promoting a site whose true business is the selling of email addresses. Also wouldn't hurt to list those which bundle parasiteware also.

Haiko posted a list of *programs that carry* Parasiteware(TM) (am I supposed to or not supposed to say (TM)?) but it was in a thread somewhere so I have no idea where - I guess a search might find it, but it should be a "steady link" (if that makes sense, I may have just made up the term).

edited to add the ** stuff

[ 08-10-2002: Message edited by: jaybat ]

ABW Ambassador
    I'd like a new section added on this and other spamming topics in "the Academy" under "Email Spamming and Spammers".

I have seen several posts floating around on people having their email addresses ripped off their site by robots and used by spammers and now I'm looking for it. This is a topic many would greatly appreciate and benefit from.

One other topic I'd suggest for the academy would be "Counters and Web tracking". It also has various posts in multiple places. A dedicated section for it might deserve consideration.

Here is one thread:http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-b in/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=25&t=000068

And here's a famous one:http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=50&t=000002

I would love to see a reference to spamming/spammers. It would be a shame to see someone new here get cheated or used some list broker, rubbing his hands together in a dark corner somewhere.

Fred

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=9506014211

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread