Exclamation Award-winning established literature directory, LitVillage.com, goes on sale
    Our literature directory LitVillage.com is now for sale. Here are the basic details:
    Your name: Nadeem Azam
    Your Email address: webmaster@NOJUNKMAILlitvillage.com (remove NOJUNKMAIL please)
    URL of the site: http://www.LitVillage.com
    Age of site: 7 years (was running with the name/brand LitLinks before)
    Traffic statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY): 3000 unique visitors a month
    Source of traffic: We have spent several hundred dollars is buying permanent links to LitVillage.com at numerous large, medium and small web directories. Just last month we spent $300 to buy lifetime links to it on several portals. Those links to LitVillage.com will there forever, even ten years down the line they will be sending traffic to LitVillage.com. Unlike other websites, we have invested a huge amount of time and money into LitVillage.com to ensure its long term profitability.
    If you look in Google alone, you'll see there are a massive 906 references to it: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=litvillage
    Asking price: We can sell the site, which includes the domain name, the content of the pages, the logos, professionally-designed banners adverts and hundreds of permanent links to it from all over the web, for US $9,950. Exclusive 15% discount for ABestWeb Forum members.
    Gross and net revenue per month (Total): Next to none, as the sole aim thusfar has been to build traffic to it. There is no advertising on it at the moment. The literary sites we have listed at LitVillage.com can be switched to shopping/affiliates ones and the steady stream of traffic will ensure decent revenues.
    The specific source of your revenue: N/A. Approved for Adsense + affiliate programs
    Copyright status of the content on the site: All copyright passes to purchaser of the business
    Any other pertinent data: LitVillage.com has been around in different incarnations for nearly seven years. It is the product of thousands of hours of work, mainly spent on promoting the URL.
    Just to get the logo done took us weeks. We had several web designers coming forward with different ideas (all the logos will be sent to the purchaser of LitVillage.com).

ABW Ambassador
    Were you aware your $10,000, no income, site does not work in firefox?

And if you highlight the entire page in Internet Explorer, you see a bunch of Angelfire/Lycos code.

I was wondering what was distorting some of the text.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Azam.com
    Age of site: 7 years (was running with the name/brand LitLinks before)
    Traffic statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY): 3000 unique visitors a month
    Gross and net revenue per month (Total): Next to none, as the sole aim thusfar has been to build traffic to it.
    So, 7 years building traffic and only 3000 uniques a month? No wonder you're selling.

Message posted Feb 2000.

Thank you for the feedback. Sincere apologies for the typo, but it's 3000 unique visitors a week, not a month. Therefore would be about 12,000 uniques a month. This is rising every month.

Several hundred dollars have been spent on purchasing permanent links to LitVillage.com; even if you were never to spend a penny more on promoting the site, it would continue to pull in at least 10,000 uniques a month for years to come. And, from a survey we did a few months back, the audience is mainly highly-educated, middle-aged people from Western countries. They are affluent and amongst the highest online spenders.

The site has not been generating a revenue because we have been focussing on building the brand and traffic to the site. Until now, we have been providing a service to book-lovers and not to generate a profit. But we believe the site can be reformed into a money-making venture.

Regarding the other point, we are switching the site away from Lycos/Angelfire. We have had problems finding another reliable host. The two we found a few weeks back really let us down.

Thanks again

best of luck selling your $10,000 dollar no profits sites....

the lack of income makes this site worth around $500.00, the value of the traffic...

the fact that you admit you have been hosting it for free in a comminuty makes me wary that the traffic will follow when the site is moved to a deicated server....

I think you need to sort out these problems... hosting and profitablity... then you'll have something worth selling...

If I used your logic.. to value my sites... my net worth would be over 10,000,000+... if this were true...

I would'n be here messin with you... I'd be out looking for a buyer of my network of sites... and making plans of which Carribian Island I was going to retire to....

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I went to the site... can only access it with IE... no other browser works...

there are many links scattered on the home page that sell stuff... if they are not converting... it's because the visitors... are of poor quality.. looking only for free stuff to read... making them worth next to nothing... or about $2 per 1000... or $25.... per month....

the other think i saw was that the site is only one page.... so getting SE traffic in any quanity is questionable...

I quess what I'm saying is this site is a waste of time unless you have a love for litature... sa you can see.. i dont... heck i cant even spell it... but I can smell the stink... coming from the idea of this site being worth $10,000....

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I'm a little bit confused...

The purpose of your site is to provide links to relevant resources each month?

If so, where can I sign up for the monthly newsletter?
    Where are the archives?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread