ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare and privacy
    This is a question, because I seem to not be seeing the answer.

On linkshare's site, the privacy policy states the privacy policy for affiliates is within the affiliate agreement - and then says this:

The template form of Affiliate Agreement gives LinkShare broad discretion in using and sharing the information that Affiliates provide to us, including the right to furnish any or all of that information to Merchants or other third parties. LinkShare is not responsible or liable for any use or disclosure by any Merchant or other third party of information about any Affiliate that we furnish.
    But then inside of the agreement, i see the phrase "third party" 7 times in the agreement, and no mention of privacy or disclosure.

Can anyone find in any agreement with them where they talk about what they will disclose to third parties about affiliates?

Thanks

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    I was running out when i did the first post, so I missed this gem. This is who you are giving your credit report to, someone who has this as their privacy policy for affiliates.

As to Your personal information, LinkShare may use Your personal information in any manner or for any purpose that it determines to be appropriate or necessary in its sole discretion in connection with conducting any activities of or on any LinkShare Network and in relation to LinkShare's business.
    I wonder how much the personal information of 1million people with full credit reports attached, goes for these days?

And before you get all huffy with that last statement. Do you honestly mean to tell me asking for our credit history and having no real privacy policy in place is not an issue?

The wording as it stands is unacceptable.

The wording as it stands is unacceptable.
    The whole friggin idea of giving them access to my personal financial info is unacceptable !!!.

You can see what is going to happen here. I would not mind betting all our info will be made available in the very near future to the highest bidder if not any bidder.

Maybe this is the real reason why Smesser & Co. are not posting here now, the whole "we are not very professional" is just an excuse to give them some credibility for posting in some other forums.

Anyone who gives them access to this info in my mind is an idiot and I would have no sympathy when they get ripped off.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Good catch Chetf.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Please see my post in "Linkshare's New Affiliate Agreement " to clarify this

Steve

Been following the dialogue elsewhere since smesser thinks we are not good enough to spin for and this is unbelievable.

The terms in the new contract are that to get paid you must give them the right to have your credit report and also that they reserve the right to share any information they get about you with any third party they choose to. And, that you will hold them blameless for any use made of that information.

Anyone want to use LS that badly?

I just can't believe the nerve they have to put together such a contract.

Smesser is spinning his little butt off. His poor two typing fingers must be worn to the bone. But, he isn't getting too far even at the more professional joint.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

15 years and counting
    SSanf - Anyone want to use LS that badly?
    NO

I'm still one of the main affiliates for a few LinkShare merchants but I'm considering contacting them to tell them why I'm giving up and leaving LinkShare.
    I can't take it anymore.
    SSanf - I just can't believe the nerve they have to put together such a contract.
    It shows they don't care for their affiliates.

ABW Ambassador
    Not just to put together such a contract, but to be purposefully obtuse with the answers, always ignoring half the agreement and then making strawmen to cover the rest.

Chet

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread