ABW Ambassador
    MSN Search Box - Search Your Own Site Box
    http://search.msn.com/docs/siteowner....htm&FORM=ASRE

Is that new or has it been around? I wonder if i put that Search your site using MSN Search box on my pages if they will go ahead and index the whole thing. They've only picked up a few pages of my sites, they're ranking nicely but i want the rest in

ABW Ambassador
    Well we'll see. Put box on site and it searches the pages they have indexed. So i filled out a support ticket saying i would really, really like to put the box on all my pages but in order for it to work properly you need to go ahead and index all the pages. Should know in 24 hours

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    Well we'll see. Put box on site and it searches the pages they have indexed. So i filled out a support ticket saying i would really, really like to put the box on all my pages but in order for it to work properly you need to go ahead and index all the pages. Should know in 24 hours

Hi, Trust,

This is interesting . . .

I clicked some links on the URL above, however the pages weren't available.

Just like IBM, thousands of people coming to work every day and the pages are dead. Big Corporations!!

My guess is that this MSN search box has been around a while, just guessing, though.

What does this MSN box search for? Title, Abstract, Keywords, Description, Content????? It seems to me that on-page factors should be key.

Good luck hearing anything in 24 hours. I've never gotten replies to feed back from Micro$oft, but then again, I do have an OS/2 Warp web site!!

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Hi All,

Not sure about the MSN search box but Google has a search box that will search Your site too; and You can make money with it... You can find it in the adsence stuff... Just incase anyone wants to know.

Love You,
    HumbleFish

ABW Ambassador
    I just want to use in hopes it'll index the rest of my pages, only way that it would be useful. I'm trying the MSN toolbar route now. Worked with Google, who knows

ABW Ambassador
    Well they got back to me but all they gave me was this:
    http://search.msn.com/docs/siteowner...mizingSite.htm

Which i already read and is not the problem. Guess just have to wait to see if they decide to index the rest of the site and not just a few pages. Had the same problem when Yahoo switched, took awhile but they finally got it all.

ABW Ambassador
    Figured out how to get my pages in

Hey Trust ... You are looking GOOD!!!
    Man you lost weight? Do something with your hair? You look awesome!!!
    Hey ... ooohhh wow ... soooooo ummmm ... pm me

Please?
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

ABW Ambassador
    Aw shucks

I think i'm in the minority with having problems getting pages indexed in MSN, the ones that do get in rank fine. I have a forum that's part of one of my sites but also acts as a stand alone forum and i picked 5 random pages from one of my sites and linked to them from the forum and those 5 got in. For some reason MSN loves the forum. It picked up 2 other pages from the same site on its own before all this, don't know why. Still working on figuring MSN out, the getting all my pages indexed part.

i am getting some of the highest rankings with msn since they unveiled the new engine.

now, yahoo! is beginning to show some of the lovin' as well, but still msn is showing me a little bit more love (and considering how much i love m$ that's a miracle. ;-))

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread