Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Negative Account Balance
    Hi All

When a merchant has a Negative Account Balance on CJ, is that visible to affiliates? If so in what manner and does it impact your working relationship with that merchant?

Thanks

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

We never see what a merchants account balance is. But if its in the negative, I think that is when merchants deactivate at times til they replenish the money. If a merchant deactivates too often, then yes it would impact our working relationship.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Ah so it's the same as SAS in that when they go below $0 their links turn off or is there some other way this happens... have to check with CJ on that I imagine.

Thanks

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

yeah check with cj on how that all works, I don't think its as instantaneous as it is on shareasale but I could be wrong...
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Ah so it's the same as SAS in that when they go below $0 their links turn off or is there some other way this happens... have to check with CJ on that I imagine.

Thanks

Chris
    One advantage with CJ is that they will send you an email when they deactivate a merchant. SAS will just set the merchant to "Temporarily Offline" without informing you. I had dead affiliate links for a couple months on one website because I didn't know the merchant was temporarily offline.

It would be best to check with CJ. They're supposed to be deactivated if they go negative, but I'm not sure how automatic it is. It might take a manual action on CJ's end.

I would recommend keeping the balance positive. If you get deactivated, the traffic will completely stop. Affiliates get pretty upset about it, too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

we understood that when a merchant was temporarily deactivated their links would redirect to a "gone" page, but recently Fun To Collect went into limbo because of some confusion, apparently between several people.

I think I'll add a "Must maintain your CJ account in the green at all times" to our account management contract

For a few tests it would seem that CJ action is required to deactivate an account, it would not appear to be automated...but I'll triple check that

Thank you everyone for the feedback

Cheers

Chris

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread