Smile Suggestion for the Datafeeds Available page.
    I think it would be a good idea to have a [View Details of this Program] on the Datafeeds Available page.

The way it's now:
    a-merchant.com (12345 Products) Join Program
    another merchant (12345 Products) Join Program
    your merchant here (1234 Products) View Products or Download .csv | Check to Apply for FTP Access
    your other merchant here (1234 Products) View Products or Download .csv | Check to Apply for FTP Access
    When we're getting a datafeed from a merchant that we have joined, we can see all the other merchants that have a datafeed listed there, but there is no option to View the Details of the other merchants Program from that page.

Sometimes when I am getting a datafeed from that page, I get curious about the other merchants I see listed on that page as having a datafeed, but there is only a Join Program option link. In order to see the Details of a Program that may look interesting at that moment, I find that I must do a search for that merchant name on an another page and that is a bit too time consuming sometimes.

I don't know what others may think about this idea but, I believe that the easier it's to see a Merchant Program Details from the Datafeeds Available page, the easier it would be to join a new merchant listed on that page that looks interesting at that moment.

Sal.

That would be useful. I'd also like to see something that says how many times in the last 30 days the datafeed was updated to get an idea of how feed-friendly the merchant is.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

AffiliateMan
    Quote Originally Posted by infospongellc
    That would be useful. I'd also like to see something that says how many times in the last 30 days the datafeed was updated to get an idea of how feed-friendly the merchant is.
    And ... an indication of whether or not you already requested FTP access for the datafeed.

-- Roger

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I agree Sal.

I have been thinking of suggesting the same thing for a while.

time consuming
    Right, hopefully Brian will implement it.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by jadebox
    And ... an indication of whether or not you already requested FTP access for the datafeed.

-- Roger
    I vote for this!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I don't know if they already do this, but they could also implement something that mentions how long the merchants have had their datafeeds on shareasale. This is because it can be very annoying when a merchant just adds a datafeed and you then add all of their listings to your site and in about 2 - 4 weeks the merchant stops using a datafeed because they just wanted to try a datafeed out to see if it would produce them any more sales or not.

Also I don't know if they already do this, if they do then could someone please tell me how I can change my settings to receive it. Well any way, I find that merchants datafeeds become inactive and stuff and I never receive an email from ShareASale.

One of the worst things that can happen to a site is for them to use a datafeed. The datafeed then goes ofline and you didn't receive any email what so ever and you then go to your ShareASale account about 2 weeks later and find that you have been promoting an inactive merchants datafeed that has over 5,000 products, which are on your site. 5,000 product dead links doesn't look good at all the your web site visitors.

So could someone please tell me if there is settings that you can change to receive these emails that will tell you when a merchant becomes inactive or stop supplying their datafeed to their affiliates.

If shareasale doesn't have a system like this, then they should as it should only require a little bit of work. If they don't then I will have to stop promoting all of their merchants products as it will kill my website, my number of visitors, and also my income from all my sites.

I would also like to see an option for an alphabetical order instead of just item number order.

Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes14j
    I would also like to see an option for an alphabetical order instead of just item number order.
    I think that the alphabetical order would be not that good idea alone, because then when we're looking for how many products a merchant has on their feed, there will be merchants listed on top that may have 1, none or just a cuple of products.

The way it's listed now is:
    From a merchant with the most products to the merchants with 1 products:

(32208 Products)
    (1 Product)
    But if the alphabetical order can be included as an option too, then it will be great for most of us.

Sal.

Thanks Brian,

That was quick!

Sal.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yes I would like to have this added, as a Merchant I'd also want everyone to see that the feed is fresh as well as partners being able to see that our feed has been updated. or even a notification email that goes out when a feed is updated so that everyone knows.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    How about, also have a feed in tab deliminated format if they are currently just using pipe. I have a heck of a hard time with pipe.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    From what Sal said.
    good idea to have a [View Details of this Program] on the Datafeeds Available page.
    Thanks Brian for implementing this, that was fast.
    I'd also like to see something that says how many times in the last 30 days the datafeed was updated
    That would be great too.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread