Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Can someone recommend a product for submitting reviews?
    Can someone recommend a good product for gathering customers product reviews?

TIA!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Internet Cowboy
    I've used this one in the past:
    http://bignosebird.com/carchive/survey.shtml
    Works pretty well. Can limit an IP to only one review of a given item evey 30-60 days.
    It is free

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    try hotscripts.com

Thanks!

I am still not having any luck finding what I am looking for though, even at HotScripts.

I searched for customer reviews, product review, etc. and all I come up with is shopping cart software and the like.

I just need a something that I can add a "Submit a Review" link on each product or merchant page and also have the first 3 or so reviews for that product show up on the product page with a link to "View More Reviews" or something similar.
    ~Michelle

Sounds like you need a form or guest book that has a poll worked into it. That is how I would do it. Then you can ask for the email also and build a data base for a newsletter, email marketing and so on. But I could be wrong I am new to all of this after all.
    Dreamie

Question
    What about letting a review content site like Epinions do the work for you? My personal experience and this ABW thread suggest that the review won't convert, notwithstanding their current buy links (which often go to marginal and less than scrupulous merchants). Their payout for content now that they aren't burning through VC money suggests a low conversion rate.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thanks! I will look into all the options and ideas you guys have given me.
    ~Michelle

Michelle I have review system set-up on one of my sites. On page load the javescript grabs the page title and inserts it into the form field. The user enters there text and clicks submit this then sends me an email with the data in unfortunatly you have to add the review manually after you've checked it's suitable.

My son wrote a php mysql package which allows apporval from an admin panel and shows 2-3 reviews but he's at uni and it's to complex for me being intergated into a larger package

if you just want the manual package where you recive the email and enter it your self I can send you the files. Pm me if you want to see the site it's just a hobby site of mine but it does what you want

Kili

Check out Random Mouse.

Oasis,
    KidStuffInABox
    7% commission * Datafeed * Tracking sales by phone * Auto-Deposit * 60-day cookie
    Join our program

I've found that gathering reviews from visitors for free can be extremely difficult if you don't have complimentary features and a strong dedicated audience. I've found that paying an expert reviewer can work wonders. I'm doing all sorts of little things to try to elicit reviews. I built a top 10 reviewer listing on one of my sites and have people jumping all over it. Too bad it's not a product/sales site. I have this feature on a product site as well and it basically gets ignored so it really depends on your audience.

I think reviews are like a forum. Way back when the internet was new, you used to be able to add a forum and generate traffic solely on the fact that you provide one. Later you could generate traffic simply by providing the mechanism for reviews. Now that it's so readily available you need to provide a combination of features to interest any of your visitors. The more difficult features are the ones that spur interest. I'm finding that the more difficult it is to code up something, the more it reflects on my sales.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Oasis
    Check out Random Mouse.

Oasis,
    KidStuffInABox
    7% commission * Datafeed * Tracking sales by phone * Auto-Deposit * 60-day cookie
    Join our program

????????

ABW Ambassador
    Where can you find these expert reviewers?

Just depends on who you know. My friend just happens to have a passion for the products I'm selling. He loves writing the reviews and does a great job with it. While I enjoy these products myself, he's got a much deeper passion and it truely shows in his reviews.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread