Wink Affiliate Marketing-Where is it going?
    Ten plus years ago I ventured into what I thought would be a nice home based business. I watched the dot-com frenzy and also it's demise. I like many of you got a domain name and worked like crazy to get a site up. I joined CJ and added links like crazy and for a while things were promising. Mind you I have to say my site is far from being great,very simple and very basic. Similar to the search engines. Speaking of CJ, I remember very well HAIKO's postings. Without doubt abestweb was I great concept for him and I hope he scratches out a good living from it,and so he should.
    Like all good things especially were money is concerned,GREED rears it's ugly head. Over the years it seems we have to fight some new parasite who is out to steal our commissions,traffic and now copies your listings on the search engines.
    So between the networks,parasites and bad merchants how does on hope to succeed?.I once owned a small marketing company and had 6 commission salesmen across the nation working on commission. Did I screw them, NO!, I was happy to get the sales. This is where I have trouble with this whole concept. The networks make money,the merchants make money,the parasites steal money and where do we fit into this picture? What is really sad is the search engines are dipping into the pond. You type in a search word and get totally ridiculous results. You get paid listings by those who want to be first on that page even if they are irrelevent. My domain name alone should be listed first but isn't and if it listed further on someone is redirecting it. Yes there are some members here making money and also many who say they are,but are they?
    When my salemen submitted their copies of invoices I paid them. I think somewhere this is the only way Affiliate Marketing will work. Eliminate all the middlemen and parasites. Someone is going to design a full proof receipt type
    program. Count on it. Well I vented! It's friday!

ABW Ambassador
    These always pop up every now and then.

"So between the networks,parasites and bad merchants how does on hope to succeed?."

Work on the problems as best you can and keep going.

Walmart doesn't shut it's doors because they have employee theft, shoplifters, people spilling water on the floor to slip on so they can do some insurance fraud or sue somebody, competition, whatever. They proceed to go out and kick ass and work on the problems as best they can. That's just one example, all businesses have problems, some fail, some succeed. You can let these problems drag you down into the thinking you can't succeed with this or you can push thru it.

ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs down Thieving Sleazeballs

Good advice, Trust.

We will always have thieving sleazeballs. I think it is in some people's genetic code.

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

ABW Ambassador
    I think our best hope is the emergence of more and more clean affiliate managers who clean up every program they manage, who have their own tracking and ways to ensure the right affiliate gets the commissions, even those commissions that the networks might miss out, who kick out every parasite that worms its way into the programs they manage. Some of these AMs run multiple programs.

Our best bet is to identify these AMs and support them by promoting their products on our sites and recommend them to any store that is looking for an AM to manage their affiliate program. The more programs such AMs manage the better. Provided these affiliate friendly AMs don't burn out.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread