Question I want to become a Sub Affiliate of a Larger Site - how?
    My site is too small to qualify for larger programs like Avon, JCPenney, etc., yet these are popular with my target audience.

I have heard of sub-affiliates but don't know exactly how it works. Can a sub-affiliate operate separately from the prime affiliate? Does a sub-affiliate receive their check from the prime affiliate or from companies? How do sub-affiliates benefit the prime affiliate? Can a sub-affiliate jeopardize the standing of a prime affiliate, and if so, how can the sub-affiliate avoid doing that?

*Any* insight will be *greatly* appreciated .

ABW Ambassador
    The subaffiliate program is set up so that you can use one merchant/affiliate relation in different web sites in your portfolio. A subaffiliate is simply a defined number that goes in the subid=? parameter in the linksynergy URL. You define the values for subaffiliates by going to Account tab and clicking on the subaffiliate link.

The language of the affiliate agreements generally prohibit you from transferring rights to third parties without special written permission from the merchant. Technically, you can dole out subaffiliate ids to friends, family and acquaintances. However, the language of the affiliate agreement prohibits you from doing such without special written permission. As JC Penneys is notoriously anal about who they let in their program, I doubt you will find them allowing any of their small number of approved affiliates set up agreements with third parties.

Wink Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by yintercept
    The subaffiliate program is set up so that you can use one merchant/affiliate relation in different web sites in your portfolio. A subaffiliate is simply a defined number that goes in the subid=? parameter in the linksynergy URL. You define the values for subaffiliates by going to Account tab and clicking on the subaffiliate link.

The language of the affiliate agreements generally prohibit you from transferring rights to third parties without special written permission from the merchant. Technically, you can dole out subaffiliate ids to friends, family and acquaintances. However, the language of the affiliate agreement prohibits you from doing such without special written permission. As JC Penneys is notoriously anal about who they let in their program, I doubt you will find them allowing any of their small number of approved affiliates set up agreements with third parties.
    It sounds like my site would have to be "owned" by a larger company in order to do that then. Or I'd simply have to grow.

It's strange, I shop less at those stores that reject me. I know I shouldn't take it personally, but... it affects my offline spending too. I just don't go to JCPenney anymore.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    The sub-sites don't even have their own seperate reporting. All sales show up under your main account.

You can look at your sub site report in the reports to see where a sale came from, but it is all reported and paid out to the main account site.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread