Can anyone tell me best way to find out the money I earned i.e. last month?

When you do a transaction report it seems to add up all the figures in your account, not just for that month?! Surely I don't have to add up the figures by hand?

ABW Ambassador
    try a "performance website performance" report -- but yes, you'll have to go through and find any extended transactions and subtract them out by hand...

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If you do a transactions report...the easy way is to take the Grand Total figure on any page of transactions (NOT the "page total") and then add back in, the amount of your last payment (the Withdrawal).

Write down that figure or punch it into a calculator...

Then, Run an Advanced Report and pull up all the Extensions from Dec. Use the advanced report so you can just get the Extensions without having to look through all of Dec's transactions yourself.

Subtract the Dec. Extensions from your other figure, since you won't be seeing that money in Jan.

Do an Extensions report on November. Add that figure IN! The stalling period is up on those transactions, so those commissions will be coming to you in the next payment.

You don't have to do anything with the Reversals. They're listed in the big transaction report, but CJ automatically takes out that $$$ from transaction report totals.

That should give you the proper total for your payment, provided you do it late enough that reversals/extensions aren't still coming in.

To avoid frustration, DON'T BOTHER doing ANY of this until right before the 20th!!! Until that date, and at the very earliest the 10th, merchants can come and extend/reverse on you and that will make hash out of any figures you do now! Unless you have 100% Saint merchants, to try to figure so early is just asking for the opportunity...to figure it again on the 19th.

BTW, yes, extensions and reversals do indeed still happen right up until Midnight, 19/20. Although there's a lot less of that now that CJ tries to get the merchants to do it by the 10th, it still happens sometimes!

All that just because CJ can't be bothered to put a montly total in their reports! :eek: I can tell it's not exactly going to be fun when I get my first tax form to fill in.

Thanks for the help anyway, much appreciated. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    They'll send you a 1099 form if you made over $600...

There should be a total in the regular reports. Maybe something's up with it. There was some kind of glitch going on today...

Usually if you do the Transactions for the month there's a Page Total and a Grand Total figure.

I found a much easier way. Run a transaction report for the month you wish to calculate. Download the report in CVS. In the "Commission" column, delete the value in the withdrawal cell, and then autosum what's left in that column. tada. Although I don't think this is the sum you'd put in your taxes, it is the exact figure you earned for the month into your CJ account.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread