Outsourced Program Manager
    Is this script out there somewhere?
    I was on Yahoo the other day, and realized how cluttered it was. I did what I always do (and what I am sure most of you do) and pressed ctrl-f and searched for the word I am looking for (in this case Yellow for yellow pages). And that got me thinking.

Is there a script out there that as a visitor is typing characters into the search box, characters that match that sequence are hightlighted? For example, using my yahoo scenario earlier, if i just started typing in yellow, starting from the 3rd character (yel) all words that have that character sequence are highlighted. As I continue to type (yello), this narrows down the number of words that are highlighted until i am done typing and can plainly see all places where my word is located on this page.

Then, as a visitor, I can see all my choices plainly without ever having to click search. Just thinking out loud.

Firefox.

Thanks electropulse. i use firefox, but don't see that anywhere, is it an option? Also, i meant it would be great for affiliates who wanted to funnel web visitors to certain links on their site rather then have them conduct a search. Since most use IE, it would be a neat little script to have.

"Find in this page" on FireFox. As you type, the text gets highlighted.
    [url=http://www.onlinemarts.com][b]Online shopping deals Free Coupons[/b][/url]

characters that match that sequence are hightlighted
    Google bar for IE and for Firefox does this. It highlights all words that fit the sequence. Firefox's find on page highlight's the first occurance, not all (unless you have some sort of extension that I dont have, hehe)

Right, but I am thinking from a consumer standpoint, on an affiliate's website, typing into the searchbox.

For example, if an affiliate of ours has "Cancun" several places on their homepage, such as "All Inclusives", "Spring Break", and "Mexico Vacations", and a consumer starts typing in "Can" on their search box, by highlighting Cancun in all three places, you eliminate the need for the search if one of those 3 choices is what they were looking for and you can more effectively funnel where you want your visitors to go.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread