Recommended Search addition
    Hi there,

Well I managed to get my 10,000 plus items all working well with Webmerge. This is an excellent product!!

My next step is to have some sort of search capability. I have read about some search recommendations aleady here, but there appears to be some limitations to the total number of items that can be searched.

Would anyone happen to know an option for searching through 10,000 or so items? Is this even possible or feasible?

Thanks very much,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ricoche
    Hi there,

Well I managed to get my 10,000 plus items all working well with Webmerge. This is an excellent product!!

My next step is to have some sort of search capability. I have read about some search recommendations aleady here, but there appears to be some limitations to the total number of items that can be searched.

Would anyone happen to know an option for searching through 10,000 or so items? Is this even possible or feasible?

Thanks very much,

Jim
    Hi Jim,

I found the post I made last year about what you're looking for:

June 6th, 2004
    Tip for new WebMerge users

If you now have more than 500 pages on your site and would like to have a way to make all those pages available to your visitors, you need to put a site search engine on your site.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=39

Try it, I am still using it after almost a year later.

Sal.

Thank you very much. I took a look at this and I think I'll give it a try. Looks exactly like what I need.

Jim

If you have more than 10,000 products you can use htDig (www.htdig.org/require.html). It does require shell access, and is a little more challenging to install, but it is for really heavy duty use (unlimited number of documents). It is free, open source software (GNU public license).

Fred

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread