Thread: $14.95 Betty Mills Sale

$14.95 Betty Mills Sale
    This is my lowest sale yet, can anyone beat this? Why on earth would someone order something for $14.95 and pay $12.95 shipping on it? I dunno, but they do. Those were very expensive trash bags!

Jane,

We have sold pens for $1.25 with a $12.95 freight charge. Orders like that happen for 2 reasons:

1 - We are the only place on earth they can find the product.
    2 - It's an order placed on behalf of the U.S. Government (much as I hate to say)

Regards,
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Hanna
    We have sold pens for $1.25 with a $12.95 freight charge.
    Victor,
    I bet you would sell a LOT more $1.25 pens with a smaller shipping charge for smaller, lighter orders. Just my opinion.
    I really like this program and am commited to expanding my slice of the pie of your program, but your shipping policy really does limit you to larger sales. Larger sales are nice, but 50 smaller sales are nice too, and you wouldn't have to rely on the inefficiency of the government.
    Scott

balancing at the diminishing rate of return...
    Quote Originally Posted by scohaz
    Victor,
    I bet you would sell a LOT more $1.25 pens with a smaller shipping charge for smaller, lighter orders. Just my opinion.
    No doubt that is true. But in our family retail business it is often more profitable to sell fewer items at a higher price. Sometimes customers balk at our $17 delivery charge. If I could only get our employees to use their own trucks, pay their own insurance, buy the fuel, work for nothing, hire and train themselves... Sometimes this comes up when they want something small delivered...but we would still have to use that employeee asset also removing that asset from more profitable uses. Balancing that are exceptions and favors done for customers...maybe I'll drop something off myself. There are hundreds of issues like this we consider in our small business...I'm sure Betty Mills isn't simply overlooking the fact that they could be filling
    a lot of $1.25 orders....lets see...we have to go find that case just like in a big order...take a pen out...repackage it...store the partial case and inventory the single units...worry about which products will turn over often enough to justify breaking a case and all the extra handling and storage, increased theft potential, more floor sweeping and paper cuts...I bet Victor could add a thousand other complications. Sure there are lots of sites with free shipping...but I understand the decision to stay with larger orders, especially with the large number of products.

Then on the other hand...I foolishly threw $60 worth of adwords at my new betty mills site...not a single sale...I'd be just as happy to see the shipping charge go away...But I know it is a part of the big picture for the company, and chances are the prices would need to rise somewhere else.

I'm sure Victor doesn't mind hearing the squeaky wheels on this, judging from his past receptive comments I've read. So I'll agree with both sides! Sure lowering the shipping would be nice! ...and I realize there is much more to a business than gross sales and product cost.

hmm...guessits not really an issue of breaking cases is it? Sometimes I get in a flow and keep going!

6. Newsletter Signup