Talking Just back from Palau
    My girlfriend and I just returned from Palau. We spent the past 5 days there and I just have to say this is truely paradise. I never could have imagined such a beautiful place in all my life, so I thought I'd share a few pictures here. If you ever get a chance to come out to Asia this is where you need to go.

We did lots of snorkelling and swam with sharks and jellyfish among other things. They have a lake called Jellyfish lake that contains stingerless jellyfish. This lake used to be part of the ocean hundreds of years ago and since it's been detached, the jellyfish no longer need stingers. They've evolved into this:

http://www.echeng.com/travel/palau/jellyfishlake.html

There are literally thousands of them. It's truely a sight to see.

Enjoy the pictures!
    - Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Great pics! thanks for sharing.

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Hey Scott, that's wonderful.

Many years ago when I was doing my degree and wondering what to do next, I came across a scientific paper about Nautilids in Palau, some guy went out snorkelling and diving with them for his research and I remember at the time thinking what an ideal job that would be. Another place on my to-go-to list.

What's the snorkelling and diving like?

Looks beautiful Scott. thanks for sharing.

Makes me want to dive right into that blue water. I did some snorkeling around some islands on the Great Barrier Reef years ago and I've never forgotten how special that was. It's like another world.

I don't mind the sound of swimming with stingless jellyfish, but I'd want the sharks to be toothless too?
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Looks like you had an awesome time in Palau! Thanks for sharing your adventure.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Those are beautiful pictures! I think I need a vacation...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

ABW Ambassador
    I need a vacation, looks nice there. Isn't that where the current Survivor show is taking place?

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ward
    Hey Scott, that's wonderful.

Many years ago when I was doing my degree and wondering what to do next, I came across a scientific paper about Nautilids in Palau, some guy went out snorkelling and diving with them for his research and I remember at the time thinking what an ideal job that would be. Another place on my to-go-to list.

What's the snorkelling and diving like?
    Definitely a must see. The snorkelling was awesome for the variety of fish. We saw giant clams and very colorful fish that you only see in an aquarium. Unfortunately we didn't dive because we haven't gotten our licenses yet. The next plan is to visit Thailand to get a scuba certificate. Apparently it's really cheap to do it there right now due to a shortage of tourists.

- Scott

Yup, that's where Survivor was filmed. I talked to some of the villagers and they're happy for the money it's bringing with tourism. One guy wasn't so happy because they took over his beach and wouldn't let him drive his boat anywhere near it. We visited that beach and you can see it in the 1st and 3rd attachments. The 2nd attachment is called the milky sea. The floor is covered with volcanic ash so it makes the water look like a blue milk. It's supposed to support your heath by covering your body in the white claylike substance, pretty gooey. It was quite a sight to see a boat load of tourists all covered in white muck from head to toe.

- Scott

Great Pictures Scott. Looks so deserted and peaceful. Wouldn't it be great to wake up in the morning and do all our computer work at the beach's there. As for the jellyfish, i just watched Sphere the other night so it might be awhile before I go swimming with jellyfish stingers or not

I'd hate to ruin such a beautiful place with a laptop!

That was indeed a nice sharing of nature, though would not be able to makeup to Palau this year, but definetly on a plan for a trip next month,

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Snib

Nice stuff!!! Have to chalk Palua down on my to do list

Be Careful where you do the Cert in Thailand, there are a lot of cheap fast track programs that will get you certified...but not very ready to dive outside of a learning environment. Pattaya actually has the best courses, but not the best diving. I would check with someone like Mermaids http://www.mermaiddive.com/ in Pattaya who they recommend down South as a good training school, might be they have a boat there too.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thumbs up
    Thanks for the tip Chris!

We didn't make it to Thailand this round, but we did hit up Singapore. Had a great deal on the flight and hotel. Just got back to Taipei last night. You been around there? We visited Sentosa Island, the Bird Park, the Zoo and the Night Safari. I never realized how advanced Singapore was! That's one ship-shape city. Reminds me of a tropical San Antonio/San Diego with hard rules. No gum chewing.

I'll share the pictures as soon as I can figure out how to delete my Palau pictures. Seems I've run out of space!

- Scott

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread