Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AmazingSocks.com terminates for posting on ABW!
    I am posting in this forum because I don't think they will dare delete posts in another forum.

Here is the email I received.

To:SSanf Subject: Deactivation Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:55:10 -0700 Sandra,
    I'm sorry that you can't see the reasoning in our business practices, and that you have chosen to no longer support our program. Effective immediately you have been removed from our affiliate program. You will have until 5:00 pm EST, Monday, March 28, 2005 to completely remove any content provided for your use by AmazingSocks.com from all web pages it has been placed on. Failure to remove this content by the specified time will result in further actions as deemed appropriate. If a full week is insufficient, please let us know the circumstances, and we will extend the deadline as we see fit. You will be mailed a check for the amount owed in your account within 30 days.

Sincerely
    Mike P.
    AmazingSocks.com
    Haiko, what are your feelings about a merchant deactivating for posting on ABW? Should they even have a forum here if they are going to do that way?

As far as removing the links, they were no big earner and I will remove them when I damned well please. If they don't like it they can shove it. I have other things to do at this monent and when I am done I will remove their links that no one clicks on, anyway. Meanwhile, they can get bent. They just aren't that high on my list of priorities.

BTW! So much for smesser's stupid claim that he has so darned much trouble with people posting with their nicks instead of their names! Sure didn't take these idiots long to know my real name, did it? Are they THAT much smarter than LS or is he just playing stupid kids games??
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I personaly think evey single ABW member should drop his program.

With guys like this who needs enemies? Bloody hell I've never had a boss this arrogant never mind a suposed partner in a business venture.

If I ever forget and attempt to join your program Mike for Gods sake ban me.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Got to admit this guy even makes Todd look like a class act.

But, as I think someone else mentioned, you aren't missing anything, Gordon. From what I have seen they don't convert worth beans. I never even earned enough to pay me for my time putting them up.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

LOL no Ssanf nobody could work a miracle that big
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    This issue is on the LIST
    SSanf
    sent you a PM

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Seems to be a playbook of how to take a potentially good program and muck it up.

Thank you for the PM. I was reading the PM when you wrote in this thread that you sent a PM! LOL!

Adam,

Thank you for alerting me to this post!

=============

Ssanf,

This is absolutely ridiculousness .... watch my serious response ...

=============

Amazing Socks [Mike P.],

I have chosen to no longer support your program in any manner, please be advised that effective immediately your forum on ABW will be closed.

===================

More to come ... but deluged on a few things at present and only wanted to post the above.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Internet Cowboy
    I'm sorry that you can't see the reasoning in our business practices...

Haiko, you are my hero! I know that cost you some bucks and I admire and appreciate you in so many ways I can't explain.

Apologies to those who will read this and don't agree. But, Haiko is a pretty big presence in my book. But then, you already knew that, anyway.

Internet Cowboy
    Haiko!!!!!!

That was the right thing to do and Haiko did it. Kudos!

SSanf,

It's never been about the bucks, it's always been about the truth and trying to do the right thing and with true members [merchants and affiliates]. Thank you for posting so that others and I can see this despicable activity ... I can assure you that we are all appreciative!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

it's always been about the truth and trying to do the right thing
    THIS I have always believed and that makes you a HERO in my eyes!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Haiko can recover the money by selling a custom made "sock puppet" to commorate the issue.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

LOL! I'd buy one!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Me too SSanf. Next time someone tells me to stick a sock in it I'd have one handy for the job.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Haiko can recover the money by selling a custom made "sock puppet" to commorate the issue.
    lol

Way to go Haiko!!!
    Ebudae

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I'm certainly not surprised to see Haiko doing the right thing here and doing it quicky. What a poorly handled chain of events from the get go by a Merchant.

Thumbs up
    As far as I can tell, they work for us. We're doing all the leg work and sending them business. If they aren't going to play fair, or play reasonable, screw em. Let's see how well they do with no advertisers (or at least the ones smart enough to read these posts!). Kudos to you and all who follow your lead in removing them from your programs. "Business Practices"? How about business scams. Don't try to doup us, we're on the ball.

Go Haiko!

it's always been about the truth and trying to do the right thing
    It was this attitude that made me join ABW as soon as I found out about it. I had the pleasure of meeting Haiko and having a chat with him in New York and I for one am certain his outlook on the parasites, his morals and his ethics will never change.

He is a genuine stand up guy and I am so proud to be able to call him a friend.

Thanks for everything Haiko.

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Thumbs up
    Haiko,

You've certainly got my respect too!

Hey, I sent you a PM quite long ago. Did you get it?

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Just because someone may not agree with you on a public board is reason to drop them from your program?? That is called sheer stupidity...
    You can kiss my account goodbye, I was so pissed, instead of replacing your products, all sites have had the pages just deleted... Adios.....

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Kudos to Haiko for kicking this one to the curb--and equally loud *boos* at AmazingSocks!

I never signed up for that program, and now I absolutely never will!! May it rot!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Adam,

Thank you for alerting me to this post!

=============

Ssanf,

This is absolutely ridiculousness .... watch my serious response ...

=============

Amazing Socks [Mike P.],

I have chosen to no longer support your program in any manner, please be advised that effective immediately your forum on ABW will be closed.

===================

More to come ... but deluged on a few things at present and only wanted to post the above.
    Bravo!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Haiko, YOU DA MAN!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast