Item List Commisssions
    Noticed that some advertisers use Item Lists to base their commissions on - what is the general feeling about these? I'd think that flat commission is better than having to deal with things on an Item level. Has anyone seen any luck with these or should I stay away?

I think it has to do with the amount that a certain product costs... Like 3% on a $5000.00 computer and 10% on a $5.00 pair of socks... You make alot more on the $5000.00 computer at 3% than You do on the $5.00 pair of socks at 10%... I think it's ok?

A flat commission certainly makes it easier, but it's understandable when merchants have different margins on different products. I'd rather have different commissions on different products than to have a merchant lower their commission to the lowest common denominator.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Noticed that some advertisers use Item Lists to base their commissions on - what is the general feeling about these?
    It usually okay, but I always check to make sure they're not trying to sneak anything rotten by (like trying to pay a miserable commission on their best-selling items).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Good advice! Leader pointed out somthing that I hadn't thought about - the advertisers actually reducing commission on top sellers through these item lists. Glad to hear that they aren't too much trouble to deal with.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread