Talking Brand new to the game!
    I am brand new to the whole AM thing and I was lurking a while back and some member whose name I can't remember posted that he made between 50 and 200 a day doing this. What products and where does he advertise them, what kind of ad budget does he have. I don't have any programming experience but I do the website and internet marketing for the car dealership that I'm a sales manager at. Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated and everyone here seems to be extremely knowledgable abouth these things..

sedriskill

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Sedriskill

Welcome to ABW.

There is no magic pill Ultimately everyone who succeeds, does so through hard work and patience.

If your background is in cars then I would highly recommend that as a starting place as you will be able to put together a site that has a topic that

a - you know about
    b - you are interested / have a passion for

There's a lot of discussion over whether a content based site or data based site is best, ultimately it all depends on the uniqueness of the content.

I personally would look to develop a site with a good amount of content that is backed up with data fed product info. This way you get the content that works for the search engines and people looking for content as well as the product data that can appeal to people who are looking for specific products.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Chris hit the nail on the head. This is not a get-rich-quick scheme. There is a lot of hard work involved. But if you pick a subject that you are passionate about, then it doesn't feel so much like work. I love what I do! Sure beats going to work for somebody else every day.

I started doing this back in 2000. Two years ago this month, I quit my job and never looked back. Last year I enjoyed three vacations. This year I can afford to pay cash to make major rennovations to my home ... replaced most of the carpeting with beautiful tile. It's so gorgeous. I have a brand new office, that I enjoy getting out of bed and walking down the hall to every day!

ABW Ambassador
    AM is about hard work, plenty of patience, persistence, reworks where necessary, picking up the pieces and starting over. This is definitely not a get rich quick scheme, but can be really rewarding when you eventually do succeed. After a while, it feels like a computer game.

ABW Ambassador
    it appears that you're coming from being employed to a self-employed endeavor. great, but be prepared though. taxes can really bite.

I stumbled into aff marketing about 4 yrs ago. Had some initial success that was essentially very good hobby money. For me, it's grown into a full time gig as well. I do some AM by natural (search engine) traffic & some that I spend about $50/day on PPC (with a very nice return). I've also been managing a couple aff programs.

"me, too" on what the others have said. You've got to put some effort & time into this to get the rewards. But the rewards can be quite nice

Good luck,
    Ross

Hi sedriskill,

It's going to be hard, and frustrating at times... Grasshopper do a lot of studying here with the Masters at ABestWeb (thanks Everybody )... More studying than work at first (it'll save You alot of mistakes).

Be honest concerning the search engines (use the seach engines personal guidelines and not someones search engine hear say) and do not fall for any cheat the search engines for traffic scams or You'll get banned!... Do not put duplicate content on Your site... And don't use alot of large banners or You'll be considered a banner farm and get the boot for that too.

Sell products instead of promoting stores (You'll do a lot better)... Build Your site with pictures of the product and some content explaining and promoting the product.

Hope You make it and Love You,
    HumbleFish

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleFish

Sell products instead of promoting stores (You'll do a lot better)... Build Your site with pictures of the product and some content explaining and promoting the product.

I agree with that. I have never really made any money promoting stores.

For me the money comes from product pages.

Ditto. I've taken down just about every banner on my site, except for a few companies where the product line is the name of the company, but then I make my own banner with their logo on it. I'm not in the business of providing billboards to increase awareness for merchants. I'm in the business of helping people find the products they are looking for so that they can buy them.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread