2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Exclamation FurnitureOnline and OfficeFurniture.com
    I just cannot believe with product showcases, special graphics and very targeted traffic this operation of 2 LS merchants cannot show/report any sales regardless of clicks. Anyone else here getting the same pathetic results from these 2 who have paid me squat for 3 years of traffic. Just the recent history for one ( I link to both) shows something is fishy....

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Furniture Online impressions= 229,292 clicks-1,496 0.59% 0 0 0 0.00% $0.00 $0.00

They've been blowing smoke and spin excuses for years my direction, while reaping a ton of traffic.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    So rip the links down... I only give duds (duds = they don't manage to sell anything) a year and I think *that's* being generous. No conversions after that and I get some disk space freed up.

And if I think a merchant's a *crook,* then they don't even get anywhere near that long!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Looks like my stats for these two (and about 40 other LS merchants). They're on my hit list for removal. Unfortunately my remove list is much bigger than anything else on my to-do list each day. One at a time I've been dropping the dead weight to the bottom of the page and eventually drop off entirely.
    ~Ernie

Same experience here with OfficeFurniture, for more than 4 years - I feel this is not a coincidence, something fish, really . . .
    Still, since they do provide some cash every now and then, without any effort, should they be dropped? I wonder . . .

Heisje

15 years and counting
    I've been able to go over the $100.00 threshold for furniture online a few times but it's a tough sell. It seems like they have a new payment threshold: "Payment - Every Month When Amount Exceeds $30 for furniture online"
    Anyway, don't bet on your earning for your next vacation.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by heisje
    Same experience here with OfficeFurniture, for more than 4 years - I feel this is not a coincidence, something fish, really . . .
    Still, since they do provide some cash every now and then, without any effort, should they be dropped? I wonder . . .

Heisje

Don't ever mess around with merchants that don't convert.

I give them about 6 months. If I see lots of clicks but no sales - out they go and I try another merchant that sells about the same thing.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread