Roadie, Ssanf, Philly
    I figured I'd move this to a different section

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Just go to the "rez" Packy, that's what I always did.

Syracuse! YUCK! Come to Ky!
    I think Ssanf was talking about our basketball teams this year in the NCAA I don't know what happened but we stunk up the court in the first game to be eliminated. I have Kentucky in the final four so hopefully they will make it that far but no further. No offense to Kentucky fans but for a change a actually have a shot at winning something in the brackets

Quote Originally Posted by phillyburbs
    SSanf: I wasn't being facetious - my time in Kentucky was truly enjoyable! As for Syracuse, I've never been there, but the snowfall totals alone are enough to keep me away (and I survived a childhood of Cleveland winters!).
    Karl,

What snow. Ya don't even notice it the road crews have it cleaned up before it hits the roads In reality we may be the snowiest city in the country based on population per area. That meaning Syracuse with a population of over 100,000 receives more snow than any other highly populated city in the US. There are several smaller city's and towns with small populations that receive more snow than we do of course. Nothing beats the calm and serenity than a nice new fresh foot of snow. So many gorgeous places in the surrounding areas in NY. Most people seem to think all of NY is set at the pace of NYC which it isn't as I'm sure you know.

Roadie,

Welcome to town be it a year late. Isn't it great to be able to get a workout shoveling without having to go to the gym. Think of the money you can save each year Feel proud to know that Syracuse may once again win the coveted Golden Snowball Award again this year and you were part of it

Rochester still has an outside chance though of taking the trophy from us but they need to start up the lake effect machine pretty soon in order to do it..

Actually, I was talking about the weather. Once I got snowed into work for three full days before they could dig us out. And, that was just on one of the side streets in Syracuse. They had the main streets clear but couldn't get the side streets done because the snow just kept coming.

I was working in a group home. We couldn't even open the doors because of the snow. We were just plain stuck! Fortunately, the power stayed on but no emergency vehicles or anything could have gotten to us.

This is true!

That was interesting but the worst was the daily grind of that snow, salt and slush and those interminable gray days. The forever ongoing repairs to homes and cars. The essential heavy clothing that never lets your body feel free. The salt dust that is always present hiding true color even in the summer.

Kentucky glitters and glistens most of the time. At this latitude, we have even longer daylight all year. Winter is here just long enough for educational purposes. We have forever springs and falls. Cars are rust free and funtional with 200,000 miles!

Everything is clean.

We moved here when PSanf was just turning 14. I took him to the Bluegrass Fair and his first comment was he had never seen so many clean looking girls all together at one time in his entire life! That from the mouth of a 14 year old boy.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Ssanf,

No doubt there have been some good storms in the past. Were you here for the blizzard of 93? That was a pretty good one that effected most of the east coast. As for the dust and dirt in the summer last year it wouldn't of bothered you. It rained all summer, lmao. Still there is nothing like the 4 seasons in NY. Especially the Fall As for it being dirty, I don't see that or never noticed it anyways unless it was a dry summer. As for clean looking girls, I'm not really sure what that means. I normally make it a point to hang out with clean looking girls. Most of the time anyways

Roadie,

Every single year for probably the last 15 years I keep saying I am going to get a snowblower. Then the winter seems to start off mild faking me out every single time and I end up not buying one and shovel the rest of the winter, umm and spring, lol. Next year for sure though

I'm doing dinner here for Easter so I'm stuck inside on Saturday night most likely but some family is coming to town tomorrow and I think their heading out on the town. I'll mention that fixx is playing downtown. That might be something they would like to see. Thanks!

This is one of my Favorite's that is on the internet. Edited for a clean version. Just add a bunch of naughty words where the all cap words are ;

Dear Diary

August 12th - Moved to our new home in New York. It is so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic, can hardly wait to see snow covering them.

October 14th - New York is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are all turned colors with shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful mountains and saw some deer. They were so graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animal on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.

November 11th - Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon.

December 2nd - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white snow. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won) and when the snowplow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place, I love New York.

December 12th - More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here in New York.

December 19th - More snow last night. I couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Dumb snowplow.

December 22nd - More STUPID snow last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling and I think the snowplow hides around the curve and waits until I'm done shoveling the driveway. The JERK!

December 25th - Merry Christmas. More STUPID snow! If I ever get my hands on that STUPID JERK who drives the snowplow, I swear I'll kill the driver. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the darn ice.

December 27th - More snow fell last night. I've been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snowplow goes through. Can't go anywhere; car's stuck in a mountain of snow. The weatherman says to expect another 10" of snow again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?

December 28th - The darned weatherman was wrong again! We got 34" of snow this time. At this rate it won't melt before the summer. The snowplow got stuck in the road and that STUPID JERK had the nerve to come to the door and ask to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the snow he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his STUPID head!

January 4th - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get some food and on the way back a darned deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. It did about $3000.00 dollars worth of damage to the car. Those beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters would have gotten them all last November.

May 3rd - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from the STUPID salt they put all over the roads.

May 10th - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that god forsaken state of New York.

Gotta Love New York!!!

Now I can't shake this image out of my mind:

Ssanf playing basketball in full regalia all by herself against the Harlem Globetrotters, with the 'trotters tripping all over each other trying to catch her.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Hey! Syracuse is not all that bad Winter does get kind of long, summers are ok, all the old people seem to get more miserable every year, hehe!

Roadie, if you need to do some web developing, call Packy, he needs some help

Quote Originally Posted by dflsports
    Hey! Syracuse is not all that bad Winter does get kind of long, summers are ok, all the old people seem to get more miserable every year, hehe!

Roadie, if you need to do some web developing, call Packy, he needs some help
    Actually the thought did come to mind DFL. Whats $100.00 get me Roadie A full blown 3000 page data fed website with all the bells and whistles

LOL, CC

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Once I got snowed into work for three full days before they could dig us out.
    Now THAT is horrific...

That was interesting but the worst was the daily grind of that snow, salt and slush and those interminable gray days. The forever ongoing repairs to homes and cars. The essential heavy clothing that never lets your body feel free.
    Sounds just like Michigan. We don't have the salty stuff in the summer, but the rest is a perfect description of this walk-in freezer!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Well the overtime pay after being snowed into work for three days helped offset the $300 a month winter heating bill.

Don't miss that much, either.

Yes, I think that WAS the blizzard of 93. But, I am not positive about it at this point. Snow so high that the picnic table in the back yard totally disappeared. Not even a bump in the snow to show where it was buried.

Well, at least it isn't poor Watertown. I remember them having no utilities for over two weeks. We donated stuff at the grocery stores to take to them because they couldn't buy anything after they ran out of cash. Banks didn't open. Credit cards didn't work, nor cash registers. No light, no heat, frozen water pipes, no way to purchase things and nothing that could make them comfortable left to purchase, anyway. They were in sad shape pretty often as I recall.

Me, I sent them cat food. I figured the people had a choice to be there but the cats didn't.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Well, it is 1AM and 45 degrees. I was out in a light sweater planting raspberries and rhubarb this afternoon. Sowed the cool weather seeds a couple of days ago. So, I'm all happy. Hope you are as well.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    PM me because I'm still not up to [enough] posts.
    You won't be able to read the PMs, then (Or did you mean, DON'T PM you?). Maybe you should set up a Hotmail addy and post that...

Well, it is 1AM and 45 degrees. I was out in a light sweater planting raspberries and rhubarb this afternoon. Sowed the cool weather seeds a couple of days ago. So, I'm all happy. Hope you are as well.
    (Sarcasm) Yeah, Michigan's wonderful, being able to get ice water by sticking a bottle out on the window ledge for a few minutes is soooo special...(/sarcasm)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I had no clue who Roadie was, DIYross I remember. No more auto parts for you?

Weatherman says high 50's by the end of next week

Ssanf, how are your electric bills in the summer when you run your AC? I remember when we lived in Atlanta that our summer bills would get pretty high if you kept the house cooled to about 72 degrees.

Ssanf, how are your electric bills in the summer when you run your AC?
    Well, they are about $50 a month because I don't use AC except on the very hottest days.

I love fresh air so I open all the windows and let the breeze through. Use a fan long before shutting up the house and rebreathing all that stale air. But then, I seem to like the warm weather a lot more than many.

LMAO to summer air conditioning bills. We were still paying heating bills in the summer here last year In reality last summer was one of the worse I can remember with a lot of rain and a little cool but that was unusual. It's gorgeous outside today. Sunny and about 40 but feels like about 50 out.

Roadie, email on the way!

Roadie,

Sent another email. Been having trouble with mine lately so don't know if you sent another. Cheers!!!

Thumbs up CNY ABW meet up anyone?
    Interested . . . I can see my lawn protruding from the snow banks now. I can make it to Syr if my muffler doesn't finish rusting on the way.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread