Geesh, the adware/spyware nightmare!
    My sister had me come to check out her computer that was giving her lots of trouble...one look at her programs list just about made me faint! 180 solutions, bonzii buddy...I can't remember them all, but there were all the big names I have seen people complaining about on here. It was a wonder her computer would run at all. We finally just wiped her harddrive clean and started over!
    Problem being if the average consumer isn't aware of what is going on with their systems, it affects our sales through no fault of our own and makes it pretty hard to make the sales you deserve.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Yep.

I was at a large hotel last week to show a web site to the employees. They let me use the training dept's PC in the corner of the employee cafeteria. It's locked down tight becaue so many people use it... or so I was told.

Gain spyware popups all over the place...

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Why is that it seems inlaws always mess up their computers so badly?

I think the reality of it is that this parasitic adware messes up an aweful lot of computers, especially if download-happy teens are behind the mouse.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Well, my moms computer was worse than sisters, but they play lots of free games they download and stuff. The crap just starts warring with each other or something.
    And they were clueless to all of it until we started running scans and they were so shocked...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's not only the home systems getting whacked above the 80% level by Adware/Spyware hidden or bundled installs. Many studies in the small biz and corporate world show equal % amounts of infested systems due to adding trojan viruses to the infestation mix. Until, like my other thread post said, the network TOS prohibits any enity from earning any commissions who performs hidden bundling, and/or drive-by installs, and/or employsTrojan backdoor viruses, this crap won't end.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yep, Mike's right. Centralized automatic spyware removal is a real plus in Corporate security software.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread