Offline Merchant Programs
    What is up with the offline merchants, or temporarily out of funds or whatever? Almost all my merchants are in limbo somewhere? Are they saving money in the off season or what? Is this normal for the after Christmas, but not yet mothers day time?

Yup, offline merchants are a pain in the rear. I usually dump them after 4 or 5 days. I do try to contact most of them first. Being offline is a red flag they are not serious about their program.

I've got over 100 SAS merchants (and adding) and manage to have very few (1 or 2) offline merchants at any one time. You just have to weed them out. Also, join the auto-deposit merchants. That solves the offline problem.

Good luck!
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

SAS takes them off line so they can't steal from you. I am sure you read teh thread where CJ is allowing reversals from a dead beat merchant from months and months ago.

With SAS the money you get is yours to keep forever. But, yes, got to get rid of those offline ones if they don't send the money right away.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Ours is on auto-replenish
    You might want to consider our program. We've been around for while and now and know the importance of supporting our affiliates. Our programs are on auto-replenish so there's no danger of our program ever going off-line for lack of funds.

Ron Goldman
    http://www.kimmyshop.com
    http://www.kimmyshop.ca
    http://www.lighthousefiber.com

Quote Originally Posted by ADesertRose
    What is up with the offline merchants, or temporarily out of funds or whatever? Almost all my merchants are in limbo somewhere? Are they saving money in the off season or what? Is this normal for the after Christmas, but not yet mothers day time?
    Please check out KidStuffInABox program on SAS. We are on Auto-deposit, so you don't have to worry about us ever going inactive.

Thanks

I have one merchant offline now after having just made a nice sale. Do I remove him from my store, or wait to see if things clear up?

Terry
    www.addconsults.com
    www.myADDstore.com

Quote Originally Posted by ADesertRose

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Terry - Just my opinion but I would go ahead and remove them. Stop wasting time on merchants that are not serious about their affiliate programs. If they are offline now it will happen again. It's nice to make a good sale but think of all the good sales you could be making while they are offline. Find a competitor that is serious and promote them. Plus it makes our sites look bad when a potential customer can't get to the product they desire.

Good Luck to you!
    Last edited by msladybug; April 3rd, 2005 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo

Hi Lady Bug,

Thanks for your response. I just checked the link and it's dead now, anyway. I have an email in to them to see if this is temporary or not. Still, you are right and I will just remove them. I just wish Shareasale would notify us when this happens. It was a fluke that I happened to find out.

Terry
    www.addconsults.com
    www.myADDstore.com

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread