Does Target pay if customer uses Amazon 1click?
    A few months ago, I made a test purchase at Target. I used Amazon 1-click to sign-in. (I'm not an Amazon affiliate yet.) The items were commissionable, but the sale never showed. Does anyone know if Target pays commission when a customer uses Amazon 1-click?

My guess is that you probably won't get credit for the sale. Even if you were an amazon affiliate, you would have had to been linked through the Amazon code in order to get credit through Amazon.

Christmas before last I ordered a gift through my Target link, and never received credit for the sale. I wrote to the AM, sending a copy of my confirmation email. I never heard back and I never received credit for the sale.

That's why I switched the majority of my Target product links to amazon. My logic is this:

(1) I get credit for the sales.

(2) It helps me make the numbers I need to get to the higher percentage rates. At amazon, you get a tiered commission plus 2.5% for direct links. I'm at the point that I make 6.75% + 2.5% at amazon versus 5% at Target.

(3) When I send people to amazon, they often buy more stuff that I'm not even promoting.

I probably wouldn't have switched all the links, if the AM had been considerate enough to respond to my email. Their loss. My gain.

Hi...Target explained all of this to us here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...8&page=2&pp=25

Hope it helps!

Mel

Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by meleemel
    Hi...Target explained all of this to us here:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...8&page=2&pp=25

Hope it helps!

Mel
    Thank you! I'd forgotten about that. I must've thought the sale would show up eventually. Ce la vie.

At least a customer purchase did trigger my bonus.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    My guess is that you probably won't get credit for the sale. Even if you were an amazon affiliate, you would have had to been linked through the Amazon code in order to get credit through Amazon.

Christmas before last I ordered a gift through my Target link, and never received credit for the sale. I wrote to the AM, sending a copy of my confirmation email. I never heard back and I never received credit for the sale.

That's why I switched the majority of my Target product links to amazon. My logic is this:

(1) I get credit for the sales.

(2) It helps me make the numbers I need to get to the higher percentage rates. At amazon, you get a tiered commission plus 2.5% for direct links. I'm at the point that I make 6.75% + 2.5% at amazon versus 5% at Target.

(3) When I send people to amazon, they often buy more stuff that I'm not even promoting.

I probably wouldn't have switched all the links, if the AM had been considerate enough to respond to my email. Their loss. My gain.
    Tracy you really opened my eyes regarding Amazon. I think awhile back you mentioned something about using Amazon links. I can only say that I had an affiliate at linkshare where I was getting 100's of clicks per month and no sales for two months. I switched my links to Amazon and Bingo, I have sales practically every other day. Go figure. I am in the process of switching out some of my cj links too. The only thing that I wish Amazon would change is the cookie length. It's only one day right??

Yes, a longer cookie length would be nice, but then I'm amazed at the things people buy that I don't even promote. I laugh every time I think about the time I logged in to discover that somebody had purchased a pair of electric nose-hair clippers. My site is about cooking, so I really had to wonder how one goes from thinking about cooking to nose hairs.

The thing I have to say about amazon is that they have built a good reputation and people trust them, so this improves the chances of a purchase being made over sending people to a site that people haven't used before. I figure all this sort of makes up for the 24-hour cookie. My conversion rate is much higher with them then most merchants.

Great conversation. I'm really second thinking a lot of my affiliates. Now that have gained more experience it has really made me ponder a lot! LOL I'm still a newbie in some ways, but now I'm understanding to really look at conversions, referals, and which merchants are really working or not!
    Mel

In 2003, I earned just under $1,000 with Amazon. Then I wised up and started really promoting them. In 2004, I earned over $10,000 with them.

The tiered commissions combined with direct linking is the key. And don't just go after the big ticket items. Think about things that are low in price but people buy a lot of. I've hit on quite a few things people will by 12 at a time. This helps move you up the commission tier.

Thanks Tracy...can I ask you- Do you prefer individually posting products or do you use Amazon Web Services? I started learning AWS but got side tracked.
    Mel

I design all my pages by hand, individually picking the product mixes.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

My team member who works with Target asked me to post the following on their behalf. In this scenario, if the user makes a purchase at Target after signing in with Amazon 1-click, the sale is still a LinkShare commissionable sale, assuming that the item purchased is not one of Amazon's products. Amazon products featured in the Books/DVD/Music categories on Target site are non-commissionable, as are Target giftcards.

They also wanted to mention that Target is running a promotion in April for all affiliates - 10% off any order!

Thanks,
    Sarah

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread