Outsourcing an Affiliate Site?
    Ok,

I have one site, which does well for a month, then does almost 0 in the next and i really don't have the time to maintain it, I'm too busy building my other sites, which are performing.

so here's what i'm asking.... would there be any people interested in running this affiliate site for me ? You'd get a huge cut out of the earnings and of course, you'd have total access to the site, and reports and earnings to make sure you're getting the right cut.

I mean, I just don't have the time to work this site and it's not something I find as interesting as my other sites. If anyone is interested, just let me know and maybe we can work something out. P.S I'm from Australia, if that matters?

Oh, before u all ask what kind of site it is etc, i'll give u a little info
    It's a women's online shopping (obviously affiliate based) site.
    Has Adsense and Linkshare and CJ.
    Coded it up in Perl, with a MySQL Database.
    This thing took me ages to code up.
    Has about 9-11 subdomains, and the main TLD.
    whole site fully indexed. Has some SEO done to it. umm, all up about
    20,000 pages are indexed in google including all subdomains and articles.
    Unique visitors per day averages about 250 (after the last google update which has screwed me, used to get about 5-6 times more than that)

If anyone is interested, let me know. Just curious to see if it's possible to get someone to manage an affiliate site for me, and share the earnings.
    (is this a bad idea?.... it's almost 6am here. I'm rambling on now. Bye)

Just added :
    I just dont know what to do with this site. It has enough potential to earn a liveable income, at least I think.
    Also sidenote: almost all traffic coming from Y! Just not converting well.

Hi Rogi,

I moved this to the "Job Openings" category to give this more notice.

I would recommend removing all of your traffic leak links (ie; adsense, others) el-prompto if your wanting to have any serious affiliate(s) to even look at your program offer, let alone a manager.

Best-o-luck!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

It's an affiliate site, that's where its' earnings are coming from. Adsense and affiliate links. Whoever takes on this 'job' (now that u mention it, I'd think of it more as a partnership type thing. If someone believes they can make some serious money from this site, I'm willing to go to a max 50/50 earnings with them.)

Why would you want to do this? Well, it's an already established site, in terms of whole site indexed in all search engines, out of Google sandbox, ranking #1 for things like Women's Online Shopping in Y! etc. This site has lots of potential, If someone takes the time to optimize it for earnings. Obviously I wont just sit back and let you do everything (unless that's what you want?) I will help out with all coding etc.

If it will make things easier... i'll post the url. it's onlyher.net (.net not .com)

Hi Rogi, my over sight on the Adsense AD's (affiliate site was key) ... you should also post in Let's Barter/Trade and link to this thread. I moved it to here because it's the only "Job Openings" category. :-)
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

I think i'll wait a few more hours, if nobody's willing to take this on I think i might just get rid of the site altogether and just put it on my to-do list.

The site looks really nice! Very well organized, professional, and focused.

If you don't get a response, don't take it down. Sell it on Ebay. With those kind of stats, you should be able to get a good price from it.

Thanks for that, I was actually just on ebay trying to see if anyone is trying to sell an aff. site.
    The only thing with selling the site is.... what would be considered a 'good price'?

When i developed the site, i thought it'd perform well.... had some friends test it etc, but i never understood why it just didnt convert into $ .
    I must be doing something wrong... (heh, prob dont have my aff. id in the links or something)

Anyway, it's still up for offer if anyone wants to run it together and split the profits.
    Potentially it can hit an unlimited income. Realistically i think it can hit 10k/month if done right.

Sent you a PM Rogi.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Very nice site - I would first try something as simple as a color scheme change. The pink began to put me off looking around for long.

Where can I get a link to this site?

It was easy to miss in one of the followup posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Rogi
    If it will make things easier... i'll post the url. it's onlyher.net (.net not .com)

Rogi - I just looked at your site and sent you a PM. In viewing the different sections I noticed you are missing on some of the products ladies are looking for.

Gil
    A. Gil de Lamadrid
    eCommerce Manager
    Consumers Interstate Corporation

ABW Ambassador
    Every site has potential, that is why people buy sites based on actual income.

Instead of either of the routes you have discussed, why not find someone in your family who could use a part-time stay at home job? Get them to help, pay them a % and they can learn the business. This is what i have done with numerous of my sites (the process is a bit more involved, but you get the general idea).

Chet

Yeah i'm doing the whole family/relative manging the site one of my other aff. sites.

Affiliate Manager
    Have you found someone to manage your site? How long has it been up?

Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but one thing I noticed about the Buy Now links is that you have the target attribute set to "_blank". I know that's a common setting but it short changes the affiliate experience. You can use any name you like, so for Overstock links why not use a target name of "Overstock"? First time it will load a blank window, and after that the links will keep updating the same window. That way the customer can have your site open and the other site open and easily keep adding to the shopping cart?

My other observation is that it lacks "warmth". The site is very efficient, but not something I would want to linger on. Probably more suitable for a guy buying for a gal than a gal lingering to buy for herself. Think "Victoria's Secret".

Another example. When I went to the discussion forum, I found this ad with AdSense:

--Searching For A Tattoo?
    --Want To Get One? Let Us Know And You Can Earn A Free $250 Gift Card!

Yikes! What next, billboards in the powder room? The forum has 29 registered members, that might be part of the reason.

Not only am I a newbie, but new to affiliate marketing, so take anything I have to say with a 5 kilo salt cube. I've been looking at the site some more, and it appears to be optimized for "browse and leave". As another poster implied earlier, the AdSense links on the product pages are just going to distract a customer at best, and tempt them with a better offer at worst. Since the AdSense links don't spawn a new browser window, they'll pull your customer off the site and they probably won't come back, at least for the moment. So what you've done is built a department store for AdSense links, and your customers are taking advantage of it. I can't imagine the pennies you're making on AdSense are worth the dimes and quarters and dollars you'd be making on affiliate commissions.

I love the integrity of the design, but I would want to give the customer every reason to stay and linger. Give women the chance to buy from you on impulse and emotion, as well as rational comparison. When all the comparison and reason have exhausted themselves, it's still quite often a decision based on what "feels right" to her.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the help and info from all of you.

This 'position' has now been filled.
    Website will be completely overhauled by the new manager.

Thank You to all who showed their interest and applied
    as well as to all who posted their help and insights.

Hi Rogi:
    It may be too late; have you sold the site already? I would like to take a look at it. I have experience on women online shopping from the Merchant side. If you are interested please let me know.

Hey Rogi
    I also fear I my be too late, but I am interested in talking furhter with you on this. Let me know if you still have the site and are looking for someone to manage it.

You could email me at dsal88@yahoo.com

Dan

Outsource
    Hi, I am intersted in your site..I work full time but need to suppliment my funds..Thanks Terry Ann

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread