ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Sitting here trying to sift through all the political garbage and continually seeing the same thing over and over and over obviously from certain people whose agenda is a political one and to just flood this place with useless posts, I ask why is the current events forum still considered a viable one. There must be many boards to go and discuss world issues and howe many ways can we hate Bush and Blair. Why not leave them to go to those boards. The way it is now the forum has nothing to do with ABW and seems to be just a real drain on the significance of ABW's usefulness

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

I found that a little odd too. Is there a way to put the affiliate topics at the top and the current events at the bottom of the active topics page. That way people not interested in those topics can ignor them easier and people interested can still find them.

When the war first started I decided that people should be allowed to discuss those issues as well, but going through the new post list and actually reading some of them (I rarely read the CE forum) .. I have to admit that I have to agree with Walleye, it's really getting ridiculous now. a decision/action will be made very shortly.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

As someone who deals with current events all day at work, I must admit to ignorning most of the current events posts.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

I try to ignore them, but would be good if they weren't listed on 'New Posts'.. I always use 'New Posts' to see if there's anything about the programs I'm promoting etc, but it's so easy to get drawn into the war threads.

[This message was edited by midnightcoder on July 21, 2003 at 12:15 PM.]

I agree, wouldn't be better to bashing the current event that affiliate are dealing with
    (Parasite, Tracking Issue, Cookie blocker...)
    than bashing the President of the U.S.?

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? &lt;b&gt;Crooks Overwriting Commissions.&lt;/b&gt;
    &lt;b&gt;Don't worry! Tracking is infected!&lt;/b&gt;
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    When the war first started I decided that people should be allowed to discuss those issues as well, but going through the new post list and actually reading some of them (I rarely read the CE forum) .. I have to admit that I have to agree with Walleye, it's really getting ridiculous now. a decision/action will be made very shortly.

&lt;font size="2" face="Verdana"&gt;Haiko_

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli_&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMEN!

IamJaloppy

ABW Ambassador
    If I want to know about the news, I will turn on my TV. I don't want to come here and have to sift through the posts that really should not be here.
    This is my work, and to be brutally honest, when I am working, I really don't give a flying monkey about George Bush or any other news event that is going on around the world!

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    On the upside, though, Haiko, if you were to create, say, www.abestpolitics.com , you would have half a dozen frenzied posters generating ocntent right from the get go.

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, time to get rid of that forum. I have to say the level of ignorance and prejudice displayed in the CE forum makes me sick to the stomach. Still, I've learnt a great deal about the attitudes of some people on ABW and to be frank, there are individuals here whose posts and private messages I will never reply to again. I don't think it's any coincidence that the merchants on this board steer well clear of that forum.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

[Yeah, time to get rid of that forum]

Ditto..Oh! please...and about time!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This is my work, and to be brutally honest, when I am working, I really don't give a flying monkey about George Bush or any other news event that is going on around the world! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I totally agree. I know I for one come here to learn what I need to learn about affiliate marketing, and getting sucked in to reading political rants is not in the best interest of my agenda. I already spend enough time here as it is!

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first."

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread