OS X and WebMerge
    Has anyone used WebMerge with Mac OS X? It says that it is compatible with Mac, just wondering how easy it was to use and if they found any bugs with OS X (10.3+).

I'm just learning about datafeeds and WebMerge seems to offer a lot even if you're not a beginner.

Never a moment of rest for the gray matter!

Renee

Hi Renee,

I used to use Webmerge on a Mac running OSX and I didn't have any problems, but it wasn't the latest version of Webmerge or OSX. There is a free download (cut down version) of Webmerge, so you can try it out and see if it's what you want. link to download page

It's a great little program by the way. Well worth the price.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd
    Has anyone used WebMerge with Mac OS X? It says that it is compatible with Mac, just wondering how easy it was to use and if they found any bugs with OS X (10.3+).

I'm just learning about datafeeds and WebMerge seems to offer a lot even if you're not a beginner.

Never a moment of rest for the gray matter!
    For smart folks the only time gray matter rests is death. Hope yours stays quite active for another couple hundred years.

I do most of the development on WebMerge on OS X. I spend a great deal of time with it on Windows to make sure it performs well and looks good there, but I find it much easier to do most cross-platform work from a Mac than the other way around.

Please drop me an email if you run across any issues.

Hope you enjoy WebMerge.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by tamborinegal
    Hi Renee,

I used to use Webmerge on a Mac running OSX and I didn't have any problems, but it wasn't the latest version of Webmerge or OSX. There is a free download (cut down version) of Webmerge, so you can try it out and see if it's what you want. link to download page

It's a great little program by the way. Well worth the price.
    Thanks for the kind words and the helpful link, Tamborinegal.

BTW: Love the Ms. Parker quote in your profile. No cure indeed....
    Richard Gaskin

For smart folks the only time gray matter rests is death. Hope yours stays quite active for another couple hundred years.
    Howdy Richard,
    I totally agree! Happy to see the heads up on this and thrilled that Fourth Dimension supports Macs.

Have to figure out how I want to implement datafeeds on my site, then will buy WebMerge.

One question (for starters): my host doesn't support .asp or .php. Can I incorporate WebMerge output in my html pages? If not, I'll figure out a redesign and host the "store" part on another host.

Renee
    P.S. Tamborinegal, also loved the Parker quote!

Affiliate Manager
    Howdy Richard,
    I totally agree! Happy to see the heads up on this and thrilled that Fourth Dimension supports Macs.
    For the record, that's 'Fourth World'. And yes, we'll continue supporting Macs as long as the platform remains popular.

Have to figure out how I want to implement datafeeds on my site, then will buy WebMerge.

One question (for starters): my host doesn't support .asp or .php. Can I incorporate WebMerge output in my html pages?
    WebMerge generates static web pages, and leaves you in control of the file name extension. So you can generate .html, .php, of whatever you need according to your template and source content.
    Richard Gaskin

For the record, that's 'Fourth World'
    Oops, sorry! Caffeine hasn't thoroughly permeated my brain at this hour!
    WebMerge generates static web pages, and leaves you in control of the file name extension.
    This is amazing! Well, I can't die and go to heaven yet! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWorld
    Thanks for the kind words and the helpful link, Tamborinegal.

My pleasure Richard.

I was actually just starting out in affiliate marketing when I bought and started using WebMerge. Since then I've started using php mysql to build most of my sites, but your program helped me get my head around dealing with feeds and inserting tags etc., which definately made learning php a little easier. So thanks, it was a great stepping stone for me.

I just read about the server-based version of WebMerge that you are currently working on. I'll be very interested in having a look at that when you release it.

Quote Originally Posted by FourthWorld
    BTW: Love the Ms. Parker quote in your profile. No cure indeed....
    Yeah I agree entirely, no cure indeed.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread