2 questions for affiliates
    1. Are & characters in category names a problem, since they are recognized as a special character in URL? How much extra work and how much benefit, if any, will it cause my existing affiliates if I replace all &'s in category names?
    2. Do you look at EPC when considering joining a new program? (I'm asking because I get A LOT of untargetted traffic from a banner farm that doesn't convert - wondering if my stats will look more attractive if I terminate this affiliate)

Edmonton Canada
    in answer to your 1st question, I am not a member of your program so I can only give what I think is a correct answer.

If your affiliates are leaving them in the URLs then if you change them it will result in a lot of 404's, but if your affiliates change/remove them as they are entered into their database then it should not make any difference, just give them a heads up so they can alter their scripts acordingly.

As for the second question I personaly do look at the EPC but sometimes I take no notice of it If this guy/gal is causing you grief yet is making no sales get rid of them.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

Mansfield, TX
    If an affiliate is using categories from datafeeds to create URLs, they should know to remove any characters that might cause problems.
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread