Disappearing images
    I believe Toys 2 Wish 4 has the Yahoo store problem! Can you get them to fix it and answer their email? I think they were waiting for you to get back or something.

Need to know when this is fixed.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Ssanf,

To prevent this the merchant needs to use a solution provided by www.solidcactus.com. I suggest that you inform the store about the Solid Cactus Image Storage feature will make sure that your product images are always up-to-date in the major shopping portals. This is a problem for ALL Yahoo! Store/Merchant Solution Store owners because Yahoo!'s images tend to disappear due to Yahoo!'s image servers changing the image URLs every time you publish.
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Yes, I know and it drives me nuts. I think Brian has a better chance of explaining it to the merchant. I am going to have to totally re-do the part of the site I just put up for them trusting that their data feed was reliable and that they were on top of the situation. Grrrrr!

Since they weren't, everyone who has downloaded their fed now has messed up pages!! What a way to encourage people to promote your products, eh wat?

I did email them and told them to get in touch with Brian. I emailed him too but he has been gone a couple of days.

I am sure he explains this to merchants when they join but I am not sure they get it the first time through. I suppose there is a lot to learn.

Meanwhile, I now have to duplicate the work I did putting them up. But, first they have to get their rear in gear and fix it. Fortunately, it is a new site that I haven't promoted, yet or I would be really ticked.

Some days it feels like you just can't win.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thanks for the heads up. I have the better part of a page dedicated to them, with paid adverts too.

Affiliate Manager
    There is another provider for this service for Yahoo! Stores. I use the backup/feeds service from www.ystoretools.com. They back up all of my image on their servers so the feed that I send to SAS uses images on YStoreTool's servers, not Yahoo!'s. They do this all at a very reasonable price for the merchant.

Melissa C. Murphy
    www.crazyforbargains.com -- Fun Sleepwear for the Whole Family
    SAS Parasite Free | Data Feed | Coupon Codes | 12% commission
    Join Today!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread