Major Google
    ok...google question....
    I went to my account page for the first time in about three weeks and noticed it said it had snailmailed out a pin number and they wont send a check until i enter the pin number into my account. Is this a new thing? or is it just new for when you start up an account? I havent recd mine so was wondering if its just a stall tactic they use in paying us or is it really a newly implemented thing they Just started??

ALSO...when exactly do they mail out check? 30 days AFTER your first month of earnings or right away (like in the first week after)
    As you can see im new at all this...so probably sound dumb but...
    IM NOT!

Thanks for your help, all!
    Wendy

never saw that at Adsense before, but then I haven't checked beyond the daily amounts, anyway. Guess I'd better take a look . . .

Internet Cowboy
    It takes at least 30 days after the month is over if you are talking about Adsense. I didn't get my first check for maybe even 60 days. I don't remember the details, but there was a delay in there.
    Scott

checks are supposed to arrive (in the U.S., anyway) toward the end of the month following your sites earning $100 or more.

Look under your "Payment History". It will show the date when your check was sent. Also the amount.
    [SIZE=2]
    [B][URL=http://www.readydomains.com][color=blue]ReadyDomains.com[/color][/URL] - Premium domain names for sale. Your new domain is ready!
    [/B][/SIZE]

too weird then!
    OK this is what i found on my account page on adsense. Has NO ONE RECEIVED THIS??? let me know...tooooo weird

As part of our effort to protect the accounts of AdSense publishers, we have mailed a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to the payment address entered in your account. This PIN must be entered on the PIN Information page before any payments can be issued to you.

In the meantime, your account remains active, and you may continue to show ads and accrue earnings. If you have not received your PIN within 2 weeks, you may request that it be resent.

Please use the link below to enter your PIN or to request a reissue:

Sounds like a good plan to confirm addresses. Perhaps Linkshare should have thought of something that simple.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Wendy,

I haven't seen it and just looked and don't see anything like that. I have a check sent. Are you direct deposit? Outside the US? Could be something new they might be trying out with some acts.

maybe this is why?
    Packy, im having a check sent but now i am thinking since all of you guys are veterans at adsense checks and they have sent them to your addresses all along, maybe they are just confirming mine because i am a newbie and this will be my first one. Ya think??
    It said they sent out the pin on March 29th which was yesterday so if this is newly implemented then maybe some peoples accounts havent been updated yet or maybe it is in fact me being new and just veryifying the address.
    guess its a good thing ;-)

?????

Wendy,

Seems that this is what google does now when you open a new adsense account. I have had an adsense account for quite some time but recently had to close my orginal account down and open another one as I needed to change my address to an address in a different country.

Yesterday I noticed my payments were on hold until I entered the pin number they have apparently sent out to me in the mail, I guess to confirm my address. Must be their new policy. I haven't received mine yet, but it has to go all the way to Australia so I guess that may be why.
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Animal Lover
    Hey Tambo,

I'm in Oz and still waiting patiently for my cheque (check) to arrive...if only they did the direct deposit to Oz...that would make my day...

Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by oscar
    Hey Tambo,

I'm in Oz and still waiting patiently for my cheque (check) to arrive...if only they did the direct deposit to Oz...that would make my day...

Oscar
    Hey Oscar, got my check (cheque IS so much nicer, but when in Rome) today, but I'm still in Canada, so I guess you'll be waiting a while longer for yours to arrive.

And yes, direct deposit would be nice. Seems to me it's the international affiliates that need the direct deposit a whole lot more than the locals, but still, I guess we shouldn't complain too much... there has to be a few drawbacks to living in the most beautiful country in the world
    [left][font=Arial]"If you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra [/font][/left]

Just FYI, there is direct deposit now. This months earnings are elligible, check you account details to sign up.

dak

Quote Originally Posted by dak142
    Just FYI, there is direct deposit now. This months earnings are elligible, check you account details to sign up.
    dak
    Nope, not for Aussies I'm afraid dak. Direct Deposit is only available for these countries so far:
    Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United States

Animal Lover
    there has to be a few drawbacks to living in the most beautiful country in the world
    Are you referring to Oz or Canada? I must say Canada has a beauty all its own...it is after all Anne of Green Gables country...or at least PEI is...always did have a rather nostalgic thing going for Canada...just wish it wasn't so cold...

Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by oscar
    Are you referring to Oz or Canada? I must say Canada has a beauty all its own...it is after all Anne of Green Gables country...or at least PEI is...always did have a rather nostalgic thing going for Canada...just wish it wasn't so cold...

Oscar
    Yes Canada has its own beauty and I don't want to offend any Canadians, but I was definately talking about Australia.

ABW Ambassador
    Here is what the Google Adsense site says:

A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is mailed to each AdSense publisher when earnings have reached $50 on their account. This PIN helps us to verify publisher addresses and protect the personal information of our publishers. If a PIN has been mailed to you, we will hold all payments until the PIN has been entered. However, your account will still be accessible, and you'll continute to be able to show ads and accrue earnings.

Ken

there has to be a few drawbacks to living in the most beautiful country in the world
    According to historians or some religious people, the Garden of Eden was the most beautiful country in the world and that was in the Middle East.

I don't know about that but, I guess that the most beautiful country in the world would be the one on where you can live free and happy for the rest of your life.

Even if that happens to be on another country or another Planet.

Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    According to historians or some religious people, the Garden of Eden was the most beautiful country in the world and that was in the Middle East.

I don't know about that but, I guess that the most beautiful country in the world would be the one on where you can live free and happy for the rest of your life.

Even if that happens to be on another country or another Planet.

Sal.
    It's a wonderful thing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It's a wonderful thing that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    I agree with that.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread