Do Doorways still work ?
    Yes, this is my question .... maybe better: what works on google best at the moment ?

greetings

cosmo

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nothing other then writing meaningful product or merchant pre-sell spin on your pages, with links to those deserving of this affiliate value-add work, will ever get you any lasting SERPs. Scew the 100,000 page dime a dozen feeds, with scripted forced cookie sets and PPCSE redirects from doorway pages for the cookie stuffing buttholes, as all their days are numbered.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

HTML Code:
    what works on google best at the moment ?
    I think a little bit of luck or PPC, but since I don't use PPC I am not too sure about that.

Google has abandon my pages too.

i see, so it is still everything about content and to write words that sell right ? no more luck for doorway spammers ?

Google recommends that you build pages for users, not for search engines.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

thank you for your answers

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Best way to see if something still works is to go to Google, and see what's really working!

Scew the 100,000 page dime a dozen feeds, with scripted forced cookie sets and PPCSE redirects from doorway pages for the cookie stuffing buttholes, as all their days are numbered.
    On the other hand, Google "should" REWARD 100,000-page feed sites like mine, which refrain from cookie-stuffing!

@ Cosmo--that's not to say that writing good sales spin is a bad idea! It's not...I used to advocate that all the time. But there is simply a limit to the amount of text a single person can come up with--and it's way less text than there are products to promote!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Write for the shoppers on each page, thinking about what keywords they'd use to seek you out in the SE's. No need to stuff in keywords or over SEO any page, whether the page is for a affiliate site or a merchant's site. Hell affiliates can actually go well beyond most merchants as to pre-sell spin on various shopping categories as most have little space or time reserved for explaining product lines. They just stuff every inch with "please click me" product sniplets.

I took 3 competing used industrial machinery competitors and convinced them to joint list and co-market/broker their inventories. Short re-work of their sites with actual information on their services and on the plant production machinery they had listed for sale. None had SERP SLURP food for digestion and one even had a darn framed site with no SE Bot food at all. Now all three inside of 4 weeks have high listings for the first time a steady SE traffic from the big 4. ePages.com free classified and a few courtesy links on my site, equip finance sites, rigging and transport company sites and some machinery manufacturers sites ...bang PR and traffic.

To show even a better example for writing to shoppers is a brand new site that isn't completed and never submitted to the SE's. They had a old one page Flash only intro page for 18 months with no listings. Now do a search for.... crystalare .... on Google- Yahoo - MSN and see what got SERP'd with no effort. Needless to say that client needs to furnish me with actual page copy and get to work on ecatalog product photos -descriptions SKU#s and prices. They do like the phone conversations & orders and e-mail requests now they know how to access their hosted e-mail account ...LOL..

I don't even attempt SEO at EcomCity and never paid a cent for SE listings or PPCSE. I still get 4400 page views/day from 1600-2000 visitors/day without ever getting a Google, Yahoo, MSN drop in traffic during the SE blips. One day I'll actually turn that one into a streamlines affiliate shopping mall and hold the merchant's feet to the fire for not converting targeted traffic.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    industrial machinery competitors
    I've seen industrial sites of various types. SEOing those would be like shooting ducks in a barrel! Just being the only one with any SEO at all, would catapult one to the top of the engines! It's amazing how little industrial manufacturers know about SEO...
    Now do a search for.... crystalare
    I'm surprised there's more than one result for that...

I don't even attempt SEO at EcomCity and never paid a cent for SE listings or PPCSE. I still get 4400 page views/day from 1600-2000 visitors/day without ever getting a Google, Yahoo, MSN drop in traffic during the SE blips.
    Oh no, then my suspicion is correct. SEs like a mish mash...
    I've seen the CR figures you post, though...if the traffic doesn't buy, it might as well stay away--or go to the site I've got CPM on, at least!
    Last edited by Leader; April 1st, 2005 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Fixed quote/response order so it makes sense
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread