Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CJ should set a link to this forum or create one
    In my opinion CJ should create a link for all publishers and advertisers on CJ interface. There are many affiliates who would benefit and learn from the forum. For example I had no idea about spyware and adware until I read about it in this forum. Now I am more aware about what company to add or remove and most of all NEVER add a company like Screensavers.com There are many affiliates who are displaying this company on their sites without knowing that they are not "killing" just themselves but all of us hardworking affiliates.
    Todd, what about a link on CJ to this forum?

ABW Ambassador
    They don't want to link to this forum. They did have their own forums at one time and closed them down.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    They don't want to link to this forum. They did have their own forums at one time and closed them down.
    Which resulted in the birth of ABW.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Todd, I still didn't get an answer...
    There is a lot of affilates who would like to learn from here. Why not let them know about the forum!?

ABW Ambassador
    Ask him why they closed the CJ forums too.

Nevermind
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Todd, Hello! Are you there? I am still waiting for an answer...
    Though question? I thought so...

Quote Originally Posted by voloda
    Todd, Hello! Are you there? I am still waiting for an answer...
    Though question? I thought so...
    You're not going to get an answer.
    Todd Crawford

Can you at least tell me why?

Because we do not want to.
    Todd Crawford

Lol
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    The less knowledgeable affiliates the better. Less hassle. Why would they want to link to a forum where you can find out Linkshare booted WhenU and 180 and CJ hasn't?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Priceless Todd.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    Which resulted in the birth of ABW.

Which NECESSITATED the birth of ABW.

.... but ..... I thought P 68 was "pro CJ"

I do freakin ..... LOVE....

... they must also do a better job of reining in unscrupulous marketers who falsely take credit for sending traffic to a merchant's website
    ~ Jeff Pullen
    [Revenue Volume 2, Sring 2005]
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Talking

Reminds me of two little kids having an argument and one says to the other "my daddy is bigger than your daddy."

ABW Ambassador
    And this is the response of the elected representative of a supposed Trusted Third Party to a publisher's request for information / support?

I am lost for words.

The reason CJ had to close their forum, tail between their legs, was because the affiliates were pretty straightforward about explaining to them and all the CJ merchants who read it just where they saw the problems with CJ. ABW is the place affiliates who were originally posting in the CJ forum sought refuge when CJ ousted us all for speaking the truth.

Haiko either saw it coming or had some prior knowledge that the CJ forum was closing and assembled us here. At the time, I serriously doubt CJ saw ABW as anything but a tiny group of disgruntled affiliates moaning to each other. Well, we sure surprised the pants off them by keeping this forum going and growing it to what you see today. Major kudos to Haiko! And, up yours you CJ cowards for closing the CJ forum in the first place! Try to close ABW why don't cha!

As you see ABW has grown well past the few of us who banned together when CJ thought they would silence us by closing the CJ forum.

They do not want a link to ABW because they hope the vast majority of CJ affiliates and merchants never find ABW. To CJ the less informed the affiliates and merchants are about certain aspects of the CJ business plan, the better off CJ is.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

BTW just because Todd chooses not to answer does not mean you won't get an answer. You just won't get an answer from him.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Am I the only one here that likes CJ? They have been good to me. If I was as unhappy as some folks here, I wouldn't do business with them. They have had some problems in the past few months with software upgrades, but they have always paid me on time and answered any email message I sent them within 24 hours. Maybe I've just been lucky!

I've been happy with CJ (other than a few relatively minor issues) and have always appreciated the time that Todd spends here on ABW. Most affiliates here like CJ--just look at the recent polls.

As for why Todd won't answer the question, I certainly understand. I was active on CJ's forums. It was a PR nightmare for CJ. The official reason for closing their forums was the cost, but anyone who was around back then knows otherwise. It was a no-win situation for everyone involved. The forums were so incredibly negative that there was no benefit whatsoever from them.

ABW is much better. Sure, we get worked up about some things, but the threads here are far more productive, constructive, and professional.

I'm sure CJ management is very leery about message boards after their experience with theirs. I'm just glad they allow Todd to participate. He's very knowledgeable and helpful. Sure, sometimes he gives the company spin and sometimes he can't address things as quickly as we would like, but it's obvious to me that he realizes the value of the affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    they have always paid me on time and answered any email message
    Yes, they pay on time, but it's your money you earned it. Yes, they anwser emails if you have nothing important to ask them. Is it enough to make them a good company or just fair? A true trusted third party? No. Try to get an answer about real questions, like why are they allowing other affiliates to steal from you, why do they promote illegal activities, why can't they test a merchant downloading BHO...

I just don't understand why you keep doing business with them when you feel that way. When I have dealings with a company and they turn out NOT to provide the service they promised, I just move on and find someone else. Isn't that the way business is done?

ABW Ambassador
    That's where the merchants are. Don't have much choice unless they have an indy program or a program somewhere else.

15 years and counting
    I was doing business with them before their switch to the dark side. They had different owners in 1996, with a different business plan and ethics. All these years I made a fortune with merchants working with them. As long as these merchants are there, I'll be there. Am I working with new ones, not really. I'm not ready to give up my investment with these merchants but I'm not going to thank CJ for sc@wing affiliate marketing reputation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast