Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Exclamation phillyBurbs.com & Andy Rodriguez Consulting join forces!
    Well gang, I'm thrilled that my first announcement as General Manager at phillyBurbs is not only a major one, but involves someone well-known by the ABW family.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Andy and his crew will be merging with Calkins Interactive Media - parent company of phillyBurbs.com - and moving his operations to our main office near the City of Brotherly Love. A few minor details have to be ironed out, but we're excited about the opportunities afforded by this ground-breaking move.

I'm sure Andy will post more in his forum about this, but with Andy's crew on board, we know we'll be able to make affiliate marketing a cornerstone of our revenue picture and we're projecting that will be able to increase our revenue ten-fold in the first year along. That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that our other media properties aren't engaged in AM at any level. That's a lot of untapped potential!

Of course, Calkins will be able to offer Andy's clients and unprecedented reach that combines the power of our five daily and two weekly newspapers, as well as our television stations and even our commercial printing wing (niche magazines based on EasyClickTravel or his new wine merchant?). To use my management speak, the synergies are rife with possibilities!

So please join me in welcoming Andy Rodriguez Consulting to the Calkins family!

Internet Cowboy
    So does this mean that Andy will, in a sense, be in competition with the other affiliates in his current programs?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Off to send Andy my aff links for thermal underwear.

ABW Ambassador
    Talking Andy posted at...
    F*ckedCompany

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Only thing worthwhile at F*ckcompany is the occasional jewel getting outed as their greed driven ebiz plan heads towards a toilet flush. Gotta love seeing "HotBar" heading for the toilet and maybe getting removed from the internet scene.... http://hotbar.com/site/hotbar/about/about.htm

Adding Andy, known to drive merchant programs to produce sales, would be an asset to any organization. Brings in some new ethical talent, loyal following, media background and some expansion opportunities if "Burbs" wants to manage niche' merchant programs down the road. Please Karl don't turn him into an Adwhore or a roadside billboard poster boy!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Congrats to both Calkins Interactive Media & Andy's crew! Should be a fruitful merger.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Congrats to Both! Sounds like a great merge witch should prove to be a powerhouse. Best wishes and congrats again!

Edited because ... I'll tell you another time
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

This Would explain why I can't get ahold of Andy
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Affiliate Maganer/Consultant + Affiliate = Stronger, somewhat unfair Competetion

We should be excited WHY?

ABW Ambassador
    1 April, 2005 - rookies

No one moves from Miami to Philly

That's why I edited my post ... to let this last longer.
    And yes, the miami to philadelphia move was a dead giveaway
    just wish Andy would stop and send me that kw list we talked about last week

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    1 April, 2005 - rookies

No one moves from Miami to Philly
    Trust nailed it....

While we love working with Karl, we can't leave the 3 'S's' behind - Sun, Sand and Surf

We do have 2 new merchants that have been announced ready to fly and that's no April Fools !!

Also, look for a Affiliate Marketing seminar geared to Merchant Education announced very soon....it will be in South Florida.....no joke.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Dammit Philly, I'm usually immune to that sort of junk.

But I *thought* something was fishy--even THE PHILLY BORG couldn't be strong enough to assimilate anyone who's been the owner of their own place!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Dammit Philly, I'm usually immune to that sort of junk.

But I *thought* something was fishy--even THE PHILLY BORG couldn't be strong enough to assimilate anyone who's been the owner of their own place!
    Well, if it almost got you, it must have been convincing!

I'm surprised it took folks here that long to call our bluff, but it doesn't surprise me that Trusty jumped in first.

Trusty, if you're interested in an official phillyBurbs.com shirt, PM an address and I'll send it out. Don't worry, it's short-sleeve, so you can wear it in warm weather!

Sam Bay - thanks for taking the bait hook, line and sinker! I'm a little disappointed that there weren't more flames before Trusty blew our cover. Maybe everyone's too sleepy on Friday.

I'm a little disappointed that there weren't more flames before Trusty blew our cover.
    Yeah, Trusty have to ****up in less than five hours, so intead of sending him a you should send him a but, from the one they use on the Fear Factor TV program.

Sal.

I feel so, so USED Good One though, lmao! Better send Pop a t-shirt also. He nailed it on the nose but removed his post to let more of us chumps fall for it I never did put the Miami move to Phily together

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    I feel so, so USED Good One though, lmao! Better send Pop a t-shirt also. He nailed it on the nose but removed his post to let more of us chumps fall for it I never did put the Miami move to Phily together
    No worries Packy,

Wonder how many others were thinking about it, over 170 views in a few hours...

We do have complimentary gifts for anyone that participated up to this point though...

Anyone that posted here before my post that is in any of my programs, will get a $20.00 bonus on your next sale....

Starts now, April 1, 2005 - it's 3:55 est.

Happy April Fools !!!!
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    LMAO, you got me, you booger.

Thought I ruined it when no one posted after I did Packy lol
    Then Sambay stepped up to the plate

Karl, pretty subtle and creative.
    Believable yet a little out there.
    Nicely done, did you plan this before hand or was it a spur of the moment thing?

Didnt get me I know Andy has to be within a stones throw of Mangos at all time lol

lol, damn ... u guys are great

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    Thought I ruined it when no one posted after I did Packy lol
    Then Sambay stepped up to the plate

Karl, pretty subtle and creative.
    Believable yet a little out there.
    Nicely done, did you plan this before hand or was it a spur of the moment thing?
    Popdawg: Thanks! Andy & I discussed it a few days ago. I thought it was almost believable and figured the idea of an affiliate manager working for a company that uses affiliate marketing would make some people see red ... like Sam Bay!

Internet Cowboy
    OK, OK you got me. I should have thought something was up when I read the original post then saw an icon of Ashton Couture run across my screen.
    Nice job

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    No way would Andy be moving to a colder climate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast