Linkshare Account Management Fee
    Hello,

I was flirting with the Idea of joining linkshare, however when I was quoted there was a 3K monthly account management fee. The rep said it was required? Does know if this is really an option?

I assume you're talking about joining as a merchant. No fee for affiliates.

There _are_ lower-cost alternatives if you look around.

Hello. Yes, we were a merchant part of cj.com, but after informing all of our affiliates of cj links starting with qksrv.net getting blocked by anti spam programs link spy sweeper, norton IIS, Kazza litees. It create C.S. issues for cj.com and they kicked us off the network to keep us quiet. Linkshare seems to be the only one comparable to its size.

Cool
    well, LS will get you sign-ups, I hear.

you might scan some of the posts here about super-affiliates, particularly in the parasite activity forum if you haven't already. being parasite-free is a neverending chore, but the folks who post here appreciate it.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, they kicked you out? I remember that email.

Try Share A Sale. Lots of affiliates here like them because they are parasite free and the affiliates say you actually get paid the money that the merchants owe you - on time.

If you want links that aren't blocked, CJ is probably better than LinkShare. CJ has all those new domains that at least serve to help the problem, doesn't LinkShare just have the same links they've always had that were all getting blocked last time I enabled ad blocking through one of the more popular secutiry programs?

Yes, we were a merchant part of cj.com, but after informing all of our affiliates of cj links starting with qksrv.net getting blocked by anti spam programs link spy sweeper, norton IIS, Kazza litees. It create C.S. issues for cj.com and they kicked us off the network to keep us quiet.
    LOL why am I not surprised to read this? LOL

"Your trusted third party" has not been trusted by their own affiliates for nigh on 3 years now. This does not surprise me one bit.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I remember an email of that nature, too! In fact, I remember a couple of them. They were from different "programs" but seemed to be written by the same person. And if you sent the ones that I'm thinking of, that means these flames are for YOU, blueturbo!

It was a real panicked, ill-thought out alarm, that acted as if no qksrv link could possibly track (they DO TRACK when not blocked by n*rton et al!). Also severely downplaying the fact that CJ has added multiple non-qkrsrv links, in an attempt to give non-careful readers the idea that no CJ link tracks.

The message certainly seemed to be intended to fool people into thinking that CJ couldn't get a click past N*rton et. al. UNLESS they bought that thing (a software, as I recall. There were a couple free ones and then one that happened to have your tracking link attached) the email was trying to sell.

No mention of the obvious solution of actually using one of the new domains...

If you sent out THAT email, then serves you right for getting kicked out!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    however when I was quoted there was a 3K monthly account management fee. The rep said it was required? Does know if this is really an option?
    Minimum was 2k last I checked, and no it's not optional. Please feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss in detail the different support contracts they have

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Wow, Leader.

You must work for cj.com or something, you seem a bit defense to a merchant taking the initiative in letting their affiliate know that they could be losing money due to clicks getting blocked. In fact in my email the first suggestion was to contact cj's customer service and to get a new tracking url other than qksrv.net that wasn't getting blocked. If there were a problem I'd rather identify the issue and try to solve it than to try and keep it in the bag. Your tone and response was similar to a executive at cj.com I spoke with. Every affiliate that responded to me had thanked me for the email including two super affiliates that still had some of these old tracking codes in there. No, we don't sell software or get money from anything like that.

Regards,
    blueturbo

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    In fact in my email the first suggestion was to contact cj's customer service and to get a new tracking url other than qksrv.net that wasn't getting blocked.
    ????? All they have to do is log into their CJ account and create a link. The links are available through the affiliate's admin area and have been since day one of the new domains being released. There is no contacting a CJ rep and requesting them. The protection of links is not and has never been offered only to those who request it.

ABW Ambassador
    he's a merchant, not an affiliate. from what i've heard before, they have a different interface from affiliates like us. so he's got the right idea, but he may not be aware that there's already a solution. i like his initiative though, of informing affiliates.

Thanks Ms. B. and waytogo for the info.

As a merchant when I needed to change the conversion tracking url in my confirmation page from qksrv.net to a new one, I need to request it from CJ.com's C.S., who in turn needed to test it. They called it reintegration. I guess its easier for a affiliate to get a different url for the same old banner.

We had been a part of cj.com for three years , and have been number one performer in our category over the previous year. Since May we had a sharp decline in clicks. For example last Feb 04 we had 26,000 clicks with 1,000 affiliates. Feb '05 we had 3,000 affiliates and only 8,000 clicks. Our click to conversion rate still remained very strong, but our over all number of clicks had droped 70% while having 300% more affiliates. We couldn't understand why.. we still had all our top affiliates, plus more, and it was consistantly low clicks for several months. At this point we only saw a few of our affiliates doing well.

We first tried redoing our banners, cj recommended advances links, and utilizing all the features, which we did, but little change. It wasn't until I read up on the links getting blocked that it started to make sense. Because we have been around for three years thousands of our banners out there still had the qksrv.net domain. It was a bottle neck to our traffic. For giant merchants and super affiliates its like finding a needle in a hay stack, but for us it was a obvious problem. So we sent a email out letting our affiliates know about the problems we saw. It caused a firestorm of emails and calls into cj.coms Customers Services. One of there VP's called me and told me they blocked our account and that this email had caused them hours and hours of replying and its being passed around, and this alarmist type email is hurting there business and they don't need a merchant causing problems. For them it was a easy decision to swat a fly. So they booted us out. It was a lessoned learned. In a corporate environment you don't expose your managers weaknesses to the entire company, or the higher ups. Even though your right, it will only result in you being out on your butt. So, to another network it is! We're up on shareasale, which I heard is great for affiliates, clixgalore, and linkconnector too. But I we're going currently negotiation with Linkshare which is a exclusive network. We're weighing the options.

Thanks Chris for answering my question. I'll be in contact.

Good luck guys.

I don't Understand the Block Link
    What do you mean about the CJ link being blocked?

I am a Cj affiliate and I noticed that my performance is very low, whereas I get thousands of clicks per day for my linkshare links.

Please explain this blockage in detail, please.

Savvy

Blueturbo,

I work with most networks and I recommend Linkshare.

Quote Originally Posted by savvy
    What do you mean about the CJ link being blocked?

I am a Cj affiliate and I noticed that my performance is very low, whereas I get thousands of clicks per day for my linkshare links.

Please explain this blockage in detail, please.

Savvy
    First, welcome to ABW, Savvy.

If you made links in CJ a while back they contained the qksrv domain or something very much like it. We found that Norton was installed in visitors' computers and usually was set to block those links, as well as many of the standard sized graphics.

Now, when you make a link in CJ you will see other domains showing. This is to mask those links from Norton.

(I think I got that right)

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hey BlueTurbo,

I've negotiated a couple of LS contracts myself. Feel free to drop me an email if you want to discuss.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread