Question Handling multiple sites on CJ
    I have just added my second site to my CJ account and I'm having trouble figuring out how I apply to programs for the new site. I'm assuming there is somewhere to specify which site you are applying for a Merchant Program, but I don't see it any where. I searched the help with no luck. Any help is appreciated!
    Mel

ABW Ambassador
    Once you have joined a merchant's program you can put links for that merchant on any of your sites.

You get to chose which of your sites you are going to put the link on when you create the link and thus CJ will track which of your sites is generating which impressions / clicks / sales.

There is no need to re-apply to each merchant for each of your sites

Thanks...I was wondering how it works when the review your application. I guess they figure out which one is relevant to them? Thanks for the reply.
    Mel

if you haven't, check the account settings in CJ for your individual sites as to countries serviced, etc.

I can tell you from practical experience it really works well with Ebay tracking. I have three sites on CJ and I use all three with Ebay. When I use the Flexibile Destination Tool to build a link, I just have to choose which of the three PIDs to use, and that's the site that gets credited with the dime. Naturally the link with that PID goes on that site (made that mistake once and couldn't figure out why a site with no traffic was generating all my clicks).

I know it works pretty well setting up multiple sites on a CJ account. But I wonder what happens if your showcase site gets dropped from a merchant - does that affect your other sites that may have also been set up for the same merchant?

If a merchant drops you, they don't drop you for a "site". They drop you for your account which includes all your sites.

Figures - my "showcase site" got tanked by Google in December 2004 and hasn't recovered. Now I'm loosing merchants that had some traffic from other sites. This could be a reason never to piggyback on a showcase site should something extraordinary happen - you end up toasting all your sites.

Only One Catch...
    Don't add an incent site to your list of sites as it forces you to loose all existing merchant relationships and then the merchants must re-approve you. I found this out the hard way. I am a 5 bar publisher and have been for pretty well 4 years now and I decided to add a rebate site to my list of sites within my network and boooom. I lost all my merchant relationships. So now so far this month I have made a whopping $5 and am at the mercy of the merchants re-approving my site. This was all said and done with no warning of the outcome within CJ's system. Not very impressed at all. Needless to say I voiced my opinion about the lack of warnings. Just a heads up.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread