Good News - Cuz Home
    I'm sure some of you remember my little tantrum I threw awhile back Anyways, I have a close cousin who is more like a little brother who is in the service. He was shipped to Iraq and based in Baquba for a little over a year. His stay finally ended and after a couple week stay at club med in the gulf he was shipped back to Germany. He had no problem and was just happy to be able to sleep through the night without having to worry about being mortared or anything else.

Unfortunately he didn't get the well deserved fanfare as a lot in his group because he had to stay a bit longer than his unit until the equipment was shipped back to his units but did get a good welcome back to the US. Now he is in the states, Alabama for a month leave before he goes back to Germany for a couple of months and then comes back to the states for several months of schooling. Needless to say it's been a long year and it's Great to have him out of Iraq. For now anyways.

His wife and 3 kids from Alabama spent the summer here in Da Cuse while he was in the war which was a blast and might happen again this summer while Rob is going to school. If he doesn't plan a surprise trip here while he is in the states we should be able to see a lot of him this summer. Best wishes to our brave men and women who are still over there!

Glad to hear he's coming home to his family and his tour is over from there. Hopefully he won't have to go back.

My father served 20 years and 3 wars.
    I know what a toll it takes on families and Soldiers.

When I was a kid we used to go to the airport to pick up my dad and hang out at the USO booth and eat free sandwiches. My mom would talk to the GI's returning from VietNam. I'll never forget one GI fresh from Nam just looking at my mom and saying "war is hell lady" and broke down in tears. I'll never forget his pain.

I have the utmost respect for all of our servicemen. They deserve a whole lot more than what they recieve.
    Glad to hear he's safe and can enjoy time with his family.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

ABW Ambassador
    Glad to here he's back and ok. Where in Germany is he going?

Thanks Linda, Suzi and Trust,

Linda, chances are pretty high he'll have to go back. He has I think a little less than 4 years left before he can retire from the army with 20 years. He's opted to stay in Germany for at least a year so he wouldn't be shipped back within a couple of months again. Hopefully he'll have at least a year out of Iraq.

Suzi,

No doubt about hell on earth. He's been fortunate enough not to have to go through what some of our soldiers are going through but he has seen and been through more than I would wish upon my worse enemy, that is if I had any. He seems to be handling it good and I see no changes in him. Still the same goofy Rob I've always knew Another good thing was that he had a laptop with him so he could chat with a camera whenever he had free time. That was nice because his kids and wife could see him constantly. I also hooked my Aunts computer up with one so she was able to also talk with him quite a bit. Ahhh, gotta love technology.

Trust,

Thanks! I'm not sure which base in Germany he is on. I have his addy some where here mixed with a zillion other things. Fort Gabe was the addy in Iraq. I'm not sure where in Germany it is though.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Packy glad to hear he's made it back home safe and sound.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Glad he's outta Iraq, and hopefully he can dodge going back for a long time!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Kellie and Leader,

Thanks It being a Saturday night my guess is the Buds are a popping open right now. I'm heading to his moms in a bit to watch the NCAA's and most likely will be chatting with him later. I'll be sure to pass on the well wishes to him.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hey Packster

Indeed good news, one of my friends here is doing his third tour in Iraq now, he's ex British Military and working for private security firms. What i hear is that most of these firms get better pay, better equipment and better conditions than the armed forces serving there... one would think that all governments would be doing their best to protect and care for their service men and women but it doesn't appear to be the case on the whole!

How did your Cuz find it?

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread