Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Haiko
    Haiko

Can I just ask you why you allow a person to moderate this forum when all he has done is refuse to answer members perfectly legitimate questions or evade them altogether?

Reason: More nonesense
    I never read Mikes post but for this person to give this as a reason for deleting it and then he himself posts such beauties as
    It is our understaning that Screensavers does not bundle any adware or other software applications with their product(s).
    is ridiculous. Everybody knows they have been doing this for at least 2 years that I know of.

If they did bundle software or if their product interfered in affiliate commissions, we would not let them be an advertiser in the network.
    How can he say something like this when it is a well known fact that CJ have/had many merchants/affiliates who do exactly this and indeed they habitually promote to their merchants the very affiliates that do it/have done it the most?

Yes, I spoke with our Network Quality manager today and they are presenting their findings to me tomorrow.
    Is it really such a hard and long job to find out if someone is bundling software or diverting commissions?

They are still investigating issues. When they will conclude their investigation is not clear since it depends on input from third-parties outside of our company.
    This is company spin in anyones eyes, what the heck has it got to do with anyone outside of CJ if it is in their rules/COC that bundling software cannot be done?

I'm not going to call him because I would probably get myself a ban or something but his own posts in this thread alone copy/pasted here speak volumes as to his integrity and honesty or maybe I should be looking at it as his loyalty to the company ???.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Gordon,

You might want to read the forum rules:

Board Moderation
    Board moderators' decisions (including, but not limited to: editing, moving, deleting of single posts or entire threads) are final. You will accept this. Also, you will not re-edit a message that has already been edited by a moderator or the administrator out of defiance of the original edit. Starting discussing such a decision on the board, will get you either a ban-warning or banned (in our sole discretion). If you feel that you have be treated wrongly, please contact us via this form and we will look into it and review the situation and any/all circumstances. During the review period we may disable your access to the board and/or close the appropriate thread. Any creation of new aliases on the board by an offender / suspended or banned will immediately result in full denial of review and a full IP ban.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon mate, keep it going, let's see if they can come up with a credible answer without making us feel that we dare not speak for fear of being sent to Coventry

Thanks Michael

oh well if I'm banned/suspended then so be it but I do not take one word of my post back I'm sorry.

I just cannot understand why he can get away with posting such drivel yet he is allowed to moderate other peoples posts.
    Not only that he reserves the right to do it. What an arrogant little specimen he is.

I reserve the right to remove posts here that are nonesense or conspiracy stories with no shred of truth in them.
    I think he should make a start removing his own nonsensical posts before he is allowed to moderate others.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Here here!

Having read the thread on screensavers.com and picked my way through Todd's responses, I would invite him to re-read the thread in it's entirety, reconsider his / CJ's position and then issue a post that actually gives him some credibility.

More holes than swiss cheese!

Exactly microdot that is all I am saying. I am not inventing things or altering his posts I have just copy/paste and when you read what he posted you cannot but think .........

shhh!! Gordon you will get the boot.

YouTrek

Gordon,

You will not be booted.

I understand and also agree with you but CJ is a public corporation now ... there are many hoops they must jump through before they can actually post, keep the pressure up, but please don't personally attack (like last time).

For the record I think it's a sad day in the CJ camp to allow scum PPC programs back into the mix ... WTF Pullen want's to go head to head with ClickXchange? This is nothing but a Dumbass move(ment? - BS CPC deals) and really not aff friendly
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Right on Haiko.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Gordon,

You will not be booted.
    Gordon - Do you need any more affirmation?

I am behind you 100%

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    And I would still prefer to have Todd here posting (whatever he may post) than not posting at all. Questions that are answered with evasion, spin, etc still tell me something.

ABW Ambassador
    He can post without being a mod Or did he say he won't post unless he can mod?

Now I didn't say that. I was responding to Gordon's comments about some of Todd's posts. Haiko has already explained the Mod thing a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    And I would still prefer to have Todd here posting (whatever he may post) than not posting at all. Questions that are answered with evasion, spin, etc still tell me something.

Some of them he will not even answer.

ABW Ambassador
    Kellie, so would I.

My day job is that of Information Technology (IT) Manager for an engineering company in the UK.

99% of the feedback I recieve from 'my' users is negative, purely because when things are working as they are supposed to, nobody complains.

This tends to put me in a negative frame of mind, as my job seems to be related almost entirely to fire-fighting problems from disgruntled users who feel let down by the services provided to them.

Thus, I can become defensive and actually resentful of the people I am employed to service.

Thus I can sympathise on some levels with Todd.

Even so, given this initimate understanding of somebody in Todd's position, I still feel let down by some of the responses I've seen from him here on ABW.

Sometimes my responses to 'my' users are less than polite, but I do try to ensure that I have properly read, understood and addressed their concerns / requirements. They might seem trivial to me, but I'll bet they're important to those concerned.

Todd will stay a mod, this is not a personal thing against Todd, please don't make it that ... it's a total CJ issue, Todd just works there ... yes there is more to it than him just working there but in this context he is just representing CJ, remove the personal attacks and all is ok. I'm sure that Todd will post, when he has the information to post and as I've said before, they are a public company he just can't post cuz it's Tuesday and he will not post if they drop a publisher or a merchant for x, y or z but he will post to help support affs, as best he can with the constraints he has.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Some of them he will not even answer.
    Yeah, but isn't some better than none? Is for me. CJ could take the PFX approach to the boards.

And not to minimize the Screensaver.com issue, but what about some of the "Merchants" over at PFX?? I'm not seeing the PFX forum on fire discussing those issues. One of the reasons this is being discussed is because someone from CJ does come here and reads our issues/concerns. Heck I don't always agree with what Todd posts either as I'm sure he doesn't always agree with what I post. But CJ is now looking into the issue. Is PFX even looking into some of their 'Merchant' partnerships?

Something is better than nothing.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think any of us have personal issues with Todd.

What I take issue with is where it appears that he has made statements without apparently reading and thoroughly understanding the threads here on ABW to which he chooses to contribute.

If I dare speak for the affiliate community at large, we will listen to anybody who listens to us, and considers our input in a meaningful way, hopefully to our continued success and mutual benefit.

Talking
    Excuse me for being dumb but what is the PXF approach?

Performics.

Talking
    Thanks - know what you mean now.

I finally got my commission check from Performics yesterday for September, October, and November of 2004.

Not running too far behind are they.

microdot,

There have been many, over the years, that have attacked him, myself included.

Mutual benefit and communication is why Todd does participate, some threads are selected, it appears, but there are really a lot of constraints on who can and what they contribute from a public company that understanding is all I'm asking.

R: Screensaver .... you saw my post in that thread .... I think it's F***ing pathetic, they know it and I *think* they are tracking down the boof(s) who sold it and implemented it, before he *doesn't* post that they aren't on CJ any more.

.... I can hope right?
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Talking
    It seems like sometimes that hope is all that you can have.

Know what I mean Vern?

I do
    Continued Success,

Haiko

You know - I think that a lot of what all of this is about is what has been happening in affiliate marketing lately.

Between Google craping on everyone, spyware, adware, dishonest merchants that take more sales away from you than they pay you for by saying invalid credit card, and etc. has put most affiliates in a very bad mood.

In general, we have moved our defenses up a notch, as a famous cooking show host likes to say, and now we are getting inclined to take offense at just about anything to try to take care of our best interest.

I don't know what the solution is to all of the problems - but - somewhere, some how, there has to be a solution found to help with all of these problems.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, sorry buddy, but I don't understand what you mean whem you talk about who can say what when?

I understand that you probably have a slightly different perspective and understanding of the inner workings of CJ et. al than I do at this point in time, but if Todd want's to play ball here he should at least have all his ducks in a row if he wants to maintain any credibility in front of his peers.

Screensavers.com#s T's and C's clearly indicate that commissions will only be paid if users accept their toolbar download.

Even if my head had been in a sack for the past six months, I would stake a precious part of my genetalia on this being a parasitic download, which Todd APPEARED to try to deny or play down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast