R.I.P. Pope John Paul II
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

One of the few good men of our times.

god bless
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Sad day may god bless him

and to those sickos that are using ppc with the "pope" as the keyword it will come back in the end!

God bless him, I found out the news from my young daughter, she was very upset.

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    He will be rewarded for his work

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Not only was he a great religious leader, but a great politician as well. He will be sadly missed.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

They said no one under 36 knew another Pope, well I am 37.

I knew of other Popes, learned about them, the process of selecting (remember seeing the smoke on TV) and have seen a great man spread the word of his religion (if you follow it or not) to more and more through being a great man and not by castigation nor judgement or persucation.

I remember seeing when he went to Mexico ... there was a sea of children in white and gold ... this one man, a representative of his religion helped join soo many for a great cause (being better people - not necessarily religion or that particular religion) and I was awe struck.

This one man has done and been soo great in this modern time (TV Pope) that it did make a difference and hopefully all (religions and peoples) became as enriched as others did by his actions and love.

God Bless him and may his teachings of kindness and tolerance live on in all of us so that we all, may become better people, with greater love and understanding for one another and our beliefs.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I do remember Pope Pious and when Pope John Paul II became Pope. He did a magnificent job and while I did not agree with many things he advocated, he was always a person to stand by all that he believed in and an example to his followers. He was a preson with great strength of character. May he be blessed.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I'm 33 and remember the last pope, I would have been about 8 when he went. All though they are quite big on the whole religion thing here in Glasgow.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm 36...

I didn't pay any attention to the prior pope (I knew he existed, but that was about it), but I DO remember the total saturation of the news when John Paul II got in. It was a big, big, BIG deal! It amazes me that the writer of whatever Haiko read would think someone younger than 37 wouldn't remember that. Because of all that coverage I've paid a heckuva lot more attention to the papacy than I ever would have otherwise.

He always struck me as a good, non-hypocritical man, which was a surprise once I found out that popes are elected to the position.

And I was amazed at how he could get into officially-athiest Communist countries, and make public appearances there, without being slapped in some gulag!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

John Paul II was great person, he will be missed, but he has a place in paradise. Let us hope his successor is as honest and good willed as he was. And I hope the things said about the next elected pope from the different relegious and non religious people Ive spoken too (all walks, all denominations, even athiest and pagan.) doesnt materialize.

god bless john paul II.

Really lets hope that the next Pope is chosen from the 3rd world. Latin America and Africa now now make up 60% of the Catholic church. There really needs to be a focus on areas because of the extremely high mortality rates as a reults of AIDS and armed conflict.

To me,Pope John Paul II will be remembered by those of all faiths, his visits to the wailing wall, forgiving the man that shot him, his love of children,and having a big part of ending Communism.I have a dear friend, that comes from Poland, lived though the horros of the holocaust and the Soviets, and is having a had time coping,she loves Ireland, and I have given her Irish concerts and music, it seems to help, I pray the nest Pope and the UN will do something about the horrors in the Congo, and Sudan, millions being killed, assualted, even by the 15,000 un "Soldiers", maybe if their was oil, we would help them, instead of the fortune going to the middle east,pity when the Europen countries decide to pull out, they leave unstable governments, and the pouple without out the skills to improve themselves, there are minerals and other things that would restore the economy there, but the peace Corps,the Job Corps, never could do their work, because of the dangers.When Comic Relief was going , they raised some money, but this is a disgrace,eaqual to the death camps,when I was over seas in the Army, Eisenhower had us all taken to 3 camps, so no one would ever say "It never happened.
    God Bless the POPE
    Jersey Jim

ABW Ambassador
    For those interested Ratzinger is next Pope, live now on TV.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread