Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brian what's the story?
    Is Toys 2 Wish 4 going to fix the image problem? Have they fixed it already but failed to respond to my e-mail? Shall I take them out of my new store?

Any news on the disappearing images for them?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    The best I can tell the problem hasn't been fixed yet. I e-mailed Toys 2 Wish 4 last week too and never got a response either. The missing images make for some very ugly pages on my website. Would like to hear something soon or I will have to remove them.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm having the same problem with eValueZone, Furnitureforsale, TheGag,
    Southwest Blades, along with Toys2Wish4. I think I may just remove any
    yahoostores, and not put any more feeds with anyone using yahoostores on
    my site. Doesn't look very good with a lot of images not showing.

Hot damn!!!

SouthwestBlades and Furnitureforsale. too!!!

How the heck are we supposed to sell stuff?

This has to stop.

Brian, Please!

Where are you?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    YahooStores is known to rename it's image files on a regular basis to prevent image hot links. Pretty stupid when affiliate sites are in the mix.

ABW Ambassador
    Poopie talks about this prollllem here.

I have a friend that has waited for them to complete their work for a LONG time.

SAS might wish to offer the service for a FEE. imo

If anyone knows of any other SAS merchant this is effecting, can you please give us a heads up and list them here?

Affiliate Manager
    I hope that you won't just dismiss all Yahoo! Stores for fear of this problem. Many of us use a third party to host our images to avoid the problem that you describe. (I use www.ystoretools.com, but www.solidcactus.com offers something similiar.)

Melissa C. Murphy
    www.crazyforbargains.com -- Fun Sleepwear for the Whole Family
    www.tinytotdressshop.com -- A Dress Boutique for Infant, Toddler, and Little Girls

True I think most have addressed this problem. The problem is we can't tell which have and which haven't.

And, it is hard because I had to go through several pages to see the SWBlades problem because for them, not all images were effected.

Now, I don't dare use the feed because I could do the pages today and have them messed up tomorrow.

I don't have time for this bullroar.

I have been waiting a week for an answer on one merchant and find two more are messed up! And, I now will have to take time to check all my sites for other possible messed up merchant images. I just can't do this if I can't depend on the images staying put especially if I do the work to fix them only to have it hanging over my head that they could all disappear the next day and I won't even know!

I think merchants who do not provide stable images need to be put out of SAS. It really MUST be a requirement.

ABW Ambassador
    All five stores I mentioned in my previous post, I notice in the links to the images
    that they link to ystoretools.com, but I am getting no images for a lot of products
    where I did have images when I first put the datafeed up. eValueZone hasn't updated
    their feed since 11/01/04, Furnitureforsale 11/15/04, TheGag 05/27/04, Southwest
    Blades 06/02/04, Toys2Wish4 12/21/04. Looks like I have 5 stores to
    remove from my site.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe this is a ystoretools problem, because I've just put up the datafeeds on my
    site in the last couple of months. TheGag hasn't had their datafeed updated since
    05/27/04, but I was getting images for all of the products when I first put the
    datafeed up within the last two months, but now I am getting no images at all for
    a majority of the products.

Yahoo Stores have a file called "objinfo.xml" that has full details on all products in the store. Perhaps Brian (or the Yahoo merchants) could build some way to extract that on a regular basis and build or update the datafeed based on that?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    I really can't comment on the other merchants, as I don't know what their situation is, but... I don't think that it is a www.ystoretools.com problem. My images seem to be loading fine.

The feed provided by Yahoo! absolutely will not work for this purpose. Yahoo! move the image files around on their servers. Yahoo! merchants must have their images hosted on a third party server.

Melissa
    www.crazyforbargains.com
    www.tinytotdressshop.com

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Ssanf,

I'm looking into this - but it may take some time to figure out which clients are using external services such as ystoretools and those that are using other domains, etc... in the meantime, if you can forward me a page you've been working on that shows this problem it will make my job of finding the problem a lot easier.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ystoretools is looking into this as well...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ystoretools identified an issue and is working on a fix, some images you may notice have "re-appeared".
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, it looks like the images are showing again now. Thanks for getting this
    problem resolved as quickly as you did. I kind of thought it must be a ystoretools
    problem since it started happening with all of these stores just recently.

Wonderful!

I assume any broken images, now, are because they haven't updated their feed, right?

Well, that's great. I have a real feeling stuff will sell better this way!~Thanks, Brian!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Brian! My pages look so much better with the images showing.

I want to thank you too Brian. I also had messed up pages.
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

ABW Ambassador
    Is there another problem with ystoretools again? I just updated the datafeed for
    Buying Bar Stools and noticed a lot of images not showing. Then checked some
    other stores using ystoretools and noticed several images not showing in the other
    stores also.

Waybar,

From what I see on your page, this is a different problem...best case is to contact Buying Bar Stools and provide them with detail on the page you have their products on, it looks like some images may not be uploaded correctly to their host servers, but the error on the image is different from last time. I will check with both BBS and YahooStores, but the best thing to do is to contact them yourself with detail on the pages that you have so that they can look up what the problem may be.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    Images seem to be working now again. I had several stores using ystoretools where
    I was not getting many images about an hour ago, but now the images are
    showing ok again. It was only happening on stores using ystoretools though. But
    everything looks ok now again.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Is unfinished Furniture gone now? I'm getting an error page on my links now.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Brian any news on Unfinished Furniture?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast