Suggestion for Webmerge
    Webmerge should be able to create pages only where a field matches a user-set criterea i.e. the field "Product" matches "apples"

Also it would be handy if it could create a link to the outputed pages in the index file and append it as a new link in the file every time you generate a new set of files this way. This would make it easier to create a category of pages without having to open excel mess around with the database for hours.

Hope this makes sense.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop_uk
    Webmerge should be able to create pages only where a field matches a user-set criterea i.e. the field "Product" matches "apples"
    Already in development is a means of establishing a query which defines the records to be processed. It allows a number of criteria (up to at least 16) using operators like "=", "is in", "is not in", etc. (pretty much the same as you'll find for the WM-If tag).

I've also been researching efficient methods of storing the data needed to support incremental builds, the ability to generate only those pages whose corresponding record has been changed since the last run.

I don't have specific target release dates for these feature just yet. Given the progress on other aspects of v2.5 I suspect these features will have to wait for a version after that.

Quote Originally Posted by snoop_uk
    Also it would be handy if it could create a link to the outputed pages in the index file and append it as a new link in the file every time you generate a new set of files this way. This would make it easier to create a category of pages without having to open excel mess around with the database for hours.

Hope this makes sense.
    It must be late for me. In my reading, I can't determine the difference between my understanding of what you wrote and WebMerge's current behavior with index pages.

In what ways does this proposed method differ?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Hi, great to hear you already have that in the works

I think I messed up the explanation there in the second part. What I ment was now you have a set of pages that match the critirea in a certain field - it would be very useful if the index page could link to these outputted pages as just one link (category).

i.e., maybe webmerge could store all the outputted files of this in a new sub-folder folder and create a new (sub-) index file that links to all these newly outputted files.

That way you could create whole new folders/sections of products from the same database with minimal effort.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread