A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Lightbulb Beauty Style Web Template Needed
    I am Illustrator and Photoshop challenged. I do well with single graphic tasks, but the idea of creating a whole webpage template is daunting. I have seen a lot of these online, but they are out of my current price range, and don't quite capture what I'm going for. I have an image which is my inspiration for what I'm looking for, but not the talent to get it out! I also have a logo that I'm fairly happy with, which blends well with this image.

I am in need of someone that can design a page template that is eye-catching, unique, and easy to use. I also need to be able to easily edit the overall design to carry throughout my site (which is why I mentioned Illustrator and Photoshop, since those are what I primarily use). The site consists of several pages, individual product listings, link pages, and content (article) pages.

I apologize if I'm leaving out important info here, but I'm not sure what I need to list to give a better picture to a potential designer.

Thanks in advance for any offers or advice!

~Lisa~

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Haqve you checked out templatemonster.com ?

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I sure have! They had only a few I found interesting, but they didn't have exactly what I was looking for...a little too generic since I see these same templates on TONS of other sites. And the stock doesn't seem to change much. Just not what I'm looking for, but thank you for your help!! I do appreciate it.

I know where some good ones are. Check the link in my sig. Best of luck!
    [SIZE=2]
    [B][URL=http://www.readydomains.com][color=blue]ReadyDomains.com[/color][/URL] - Premium domain names for sale. Your new domain is ready!
    [/B][/SIZE]

If you don't mind spending some bucks, www.alexbet.com has done some great logo work for me in the past, you might strike up a deal for a variety of graphic images or a whole template. He discounts for ABWers....

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    SpikeDo,

I don't see a sig

I see it.......

sig = signature

if you can't see it, its templatepop.com
    [SIZE=2]
    [B][URL=http://www.readydomains.com][color=blue]ReadyDomains.com[/color][/URL] - Premium domain names for sale. Your new domain is ready!
    [/B][/SIZE]

boxedart.com have some nice templates

we may design a custom template.

Portfolio: http://www.voxunity.com/portfolio/

I would second about boxedart.com

If you wanted to make a custom site instead of a templated site, Avenues Nepal seem to be the cheapest around: http://avenuesnepal.com/ They will make custom sites significantly cheaper than other designers.

They claim to give sites a professional look, but I was not too thrilled about the portfolio they share. I'm no design master, but a lot of their sites look very basic and plain.

All I know is when I was getting quotes for a website design, these guys quoted me hundreds less than all the rest, so they got my attention.

Anyone know any cheap designers out there willing to give a site a pro make over?

ABW Ambassador
    I can't off hand remember what it's called, but there is an Open Source template site out there. I think you have to give a link back in exchange, but that can probably be negotiated.

Added - didn't take long to find

http://www.oswd.org/

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    I can't off hand remember what it's called, but there is an Open Source template site out there. I think you have to give a link back in exchange, but that can probably be negotiated.

Added - didn't take long to find

http://www.oswd.org/
    OSWD is a nice resource for simple website templates. My first few sites were based on things I found there. Once nice bonus is that you can post a link to your site as an example of the templates in use. Didn't drive a ton of traffic, but every bit helps and a little bit of pagerank doesn't hurt either.

-John.
    There's a reason army's wear uniforms even though it makes them easier to spot. Sometimes that's what you want. Uniforms suggest organization, power, and numbers. These, in turn, inspire fear. And, as any good operative knows, there is no more effective weapon than fear.

Hosting Comparison - HostScope - jrrl.com

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread